• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Surprised Brown isn't playing 7s

It's probably a case of him having a good enough break through year to skip the 7s circuit that most wingers have to go through.

You have to be contracted to the 7s nowadays, you can't be a super rugby and sevens player at the same time, even EPS.

T

TOCC

It's probably a case of him having a good enough break through year to skip the 7s circuit that most wingers have to go through.

You have to be contracted to the 7s nowadays, you can't be a super rugby and sevens player at the same time, even EPS.

They're still able to, it's just that the seasons overlap more and more so the players will only be able to represent following their super rugby commitment... ie Luke Morahan

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I posted the following in the thread, "Who should be the next ARU CEO?", but then remembered that the Western Force were also in the market for a top man:

The sort of person I would be looking for would have had demonstrated business success; be a top flight negotiator; and have a love for and commitment to grass roots rugby. Ideally in my view he/she would also be someone prepared to shake the tree, given that I believe our sport has really lost its way.

Let me throw a name into the ring. Alan Williamson was until quite recently CEO of the Bruck Textile Group. The company is the main employer in the city of Wangaratta and virtually the only significant Australian survivor in textile manufacturing. Under Alan's leadership it grew from producing very low-tech bottom-end fabrics to being Australia's leading innovator in textile technology. It is a major supplier to industrial, corporate and automotive industries, as well as ballistic and fragmentation protecting fabric for the military and security services, and flame retardant fabric for fire fighting. With Bruck Alan Williamson had a well deserved reputation for being a tough and effective negotiator with government bodies for his company and for the people of Wangaratta.

He served as Director and President of Eastern Suburbs for a number of years, and on the Board of NSWRU between 2006-2008. For the past three or four years he has attended virtually every Colts game - Thirds to Firsts - that Sydney Uni has played and is very heavily involved as a mentor to the Club's young players and coaches.

A proud Scouser, he is anything but a member of the leather patch brigade. If Australian rugby needs to get back to its roots and forge a new direction, Alan Williamson would be an ideal agent of change.

I think that even more so than in the established rugby States, WA needs a driver who would stand up for its interests but would also have respect and passion for grass roots rugby. Alan Williamson would be certainly worth approaching.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Force 2013 30 man squad complete and 1 spot left in the EPS (Corey Brown Unconfirmed)

Props
1. Pek Cowan 2014 - Wallaby Caps
2. Tetera Faulkner 2013
3. Kieran Longbottom 2014
4. Salesi Ma'afu 2013 Wallaby Caps

Hookers
5. Nathan Charles 2014
6. Ben Whittaker 2013

Locks
7. Toby Lyn 2013
8. Sam Wykes 2013
9. Phoenix Battye 2014
10. Hugh McMeniman 2013 Wallaby Caps

Flankers/8’s
11. Richard Brown 2014 - Wallaby Caps
12. Matt Hodgson 2013 Wallaby Caps
13. Lachlan McCaffry 2013
14. Ben McCallman 2013 Wallaby Caps
15. Chris Alcock 2014
16. Angus Cottrell 2014

Halfbacks
17. Alby Mathewson 2014 Marquee Player Spot All Black Caps
18. Brett Sheehan 2013 Wallaby Caps

Flyhalfs
19. Sias Ebersohn 2014 Development Player Spot
20. Kyle Godwin 2014

Centres
21. Winston Stanley 2013
22. Chris Tuatara-Morrison 2014
23. Will Tupuo 2013
24. Solomoni Rasolea
25. Jayden Hayward 2013 Development Player Spot

Outside Backs
26. Pat Dellit 2013
27. Alfie Mafi 2013
28. Nick Cummins 2013 Wallaby Caps
29. Sam Norton-Knight 2014 Wallaby Caps
30. Ed Stubbs 2014

2013 EPS
1. Mick Snowden Halfback
2. Salisi Manu Prop
3. Rory Walton Lock/Flanker
4. James Hinderbrand Hooker
5. Corey Brown (Unconfirmed) Wing

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
What does a player do if he's injured for a year and not on contract? Surely that means he doesn't get paid? Does he go get a bar job or something like that until he's recovered and re-contracted?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
What does a player do if he's injured for a year and not on contract? Surely that means he doesn't get paid? Does he go get a bar job or something like that until he's recovered and re-contracted?

He is twenty, I'd imagine he'd train almost every day and go to uni/work a part time job.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Listening to Hayward talk about Perth certainly calms the notion of him being somebody just trying to further his career (which is fine too).

The man enjoys holidaying in Perth and met his wife there (an Aussie citizen but not born here). He's clearly got some love of the place and it sounds like that married well with his rugby ambitions.

He might not be an Aussie but he certainly sounds like a Perthtonian (Perthite? Perthian?).

Status
Not open for further replies.