• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
WA cricket is a disgrace right now, especially compared to where we used to be. Way too many primadonnas whose ambition outweighs their ability, especially among the batsmen. Bowlers go alright though.

W

Waylon

WA cricket is a disgrace right now, especially compared to where we used to be. Way too many primadonnas whose ambition outweighs their ability, especially among the batsmen. Bowlers go alright though.

This is a general reflection of Australian society and especially our sporting teams

the country is soft as sh1te

nobody will work anymore

the kids spend their entire lives tweeting, sitting around on their sorry @sses playing computer games or wi, and feeling EMO

We need another Lillee and Thomson era........if we can't get them out, we'll try and kill them, sledge them, bounce them, hurt them etc

we need rugby players that bash people

bring back the biff

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Look like the last spot in the 30 man squad will go to Jayden Hayward.

That's a great signing, I rate him very highly. Good skills, nice and quick, strong in contact and not small. Made plenty of line-breaks for the Canes in 2011, when not much was going right. Pretty important component of that Taranaki team too (where I was born) so I'm sorry to see him go.

Some people even talk about him as a 10, though I've never seen that, and I actually probably rate him higher than Tim Bateman, so I imagine the Hurricanes are going to be pissed off to lose him.

Congrats on a good signing.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Perhaps we're going the old Jacques Fouroux style and effectively playing five number eights in behind the front row. That would be kind of cool.....

Like it. Why not go the whole hog and pick eight number 8s in the pack? Be a clanger of a match against a Tahs team with seven scrummies. Or against the Frogs with eight props.

Caputo

Ted Thorn (20)
The Force are down to one EPS signing. What position and potential names. Will this be decided at the end of pre season. Will the new replacement rules change thinking needing an extra prop.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Untill hayward id official im not counting him just going in force history.

Word was peter hynes trained with the force last week maybe a shot at top rugby again through the eps?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Force are down to one EPS signing. What position and potential names. Will this be decided at the end of pre season. Will the new replacement rules change thinking needing an extra prop.

We are short on outside backs. So you'd wager a fair bit that it will go there. For a proper winger. No ideas who though. There is an outside chance the Force will pick up another lock- depending on how they see Hugh McMeniman used. There would have to be someone worth having though. I sincerely doubt it would be another prop. There are a couple of local guys who could be brought in there.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Apparently Hayward has been given a 2 year deal. As I remember he is a centre who can play in either spot.

I've just looked him up to see where he was born and it was in NZ. Since Matthewson was already signed I thought he would have to have an Oz grandmother or something - then the penny dropped: the Force was awarded a 2nd foreigner spot (in addition to the foreign developing player) and he is it.

I recall him as a Steady Eddie, Haig Sare, type of player that the Force have had a lot of since their inception and hope that he can bring them a bit more than that.

The Force would have been better served with another David Smith type of back but failing that one who can deceive and make linebreaks - or at least facilitate team mates to do the same.

Let's see how he goes.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

All EPS contracts have to be locked in by Monday so I'd say it's already done just not announced yet.

W

Waylon

second rate kiwis are a waste of money

They should have signed an Aussie kid out of Oz schools or a an up and coming club player

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
second rate kiwis are a waste of money

They should have signed an Aussie kid out of Oz schools or a an up and coming club player

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by Hayward (apologies if you already know a fair bit about him, just thought I'd post a bit of footage). In the below videos he's the 12, with grey head-gear. I admit that the defence in ITM this year has hardly been vintage, but these are still an indicator that he can be a very fruitful contributor to a dangerous backline.

This video shows at various points that he can throw decent long balls to access space, and cut through traffic.

This one shows his pace and offload (and note the commentators: "Hayward.. has made many an incredible break")

I think at least he'll offer more than an up and coming schoolboy player, etc.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
He was training with hima nd had signed a contract but it doesnt come into affect until your 18. Hence why he didn't get a cap till he was 18 and why gill was signed first year out of school but didnt play till 2011

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Without bullshitting i think it could be different between forward and backs....I know in highschool forwards have to get clearances if they are playing up a few grade into the first XV teams

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
havent they changed the rules where if your good enough you can play? this after Pocock. JOC (James O'Connor) was still in year 12 when he played for the force.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Possibly but i would have though they would have made it harder for younger guys to play if anything. I know rugby league changed its rules to you have to be 18 to 1st grade

Status
Not open for further replies.