• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I highly doubt it's Giteau, seems to be loving life in Toulon and you wouldn't want to leave that team for the Force (no offence, but Toulon are looking the best team in Europe in the moment) for a much less paycheck.

Shepherd? DHP?

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
This was in the mail yesterday.

I like the sound of that letter - seems to signal the last piece of the change in attitude. It now feels to me like a true "reset". Acknowledge the mistakes and disappointing results of the past - no excuses - and move forward. Clean slate.

I was concerned that the coaching staff would change, the players would largely change, but the front office leadership would remain the same and repeat the same mistakes. Now it feels like there's been a catharsis, and the franchise can move forward.....to greatness!

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I always associate the Force's jersey with purple rather than "the sea of blue" that the media touts but maybe that's just me.

One thing's for sure, the Aussie conference and Super rugby as a whole could use less blue teams.
Purple. WTF!
I fucking hate purple.
How is blue like purple? Sorry man. I just really hate purple.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Plus they have already lightened the shade of blue used in the jersey from that of the classic 2006 edition. Its been a subtle evolution
over the past few years.

If the blue has already been tinkered with ..... Didn't the French darken theirs into black?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
4/5 EPS spots have been announced

Name: James Hilterbrand
Born: 21/05/1989
Position: Hooker
Height: 184cm
Weight: 108kg
Representative Rugby: 2012 Sydney Representative, 2007 Australia Under 18, 2007 South Australia Under 21, 2005-2006 South Australia Schools, 2004-2005 South Australia Under 16

James Hilterbrand is a powerful hooker who joins the Emirates Western Force from Sydney club, Manly. The Adelaide-born 23-year-old is a rare South Australian product, who progressed through the representative ranks of his native state before joining the Marlins. Having risen through the grades at Manly, Hilterbrand established himself as the club’s leading hooker in 2012 and was rewarded for a stellar Shute Shield season with selection as starting rake for the Sydney Anchors side that defeated NSW Country 26-13.

Name: Salesi Manu
Born: 26/09/1990
Position: Prop
Height: 185cm
Weight: 122kg
Representative Rugby: 2011 Australia Under 20, 2008 Australian Schoolboys

Salesi Manu continues his development with the Emirates Western Force after joining the side on an EPS contract for 2012. The versatile front-rower made his Super Rugby debut against the Stormers in Week 10 and held down the starting tighthead role for the final three matches of the season against the Brumbies, Blues and Crusaders. The former Australian Schoolboys and Under 20 representative completed his season by representing North Harbour in New Zealand’s ITM Cup competition.

Name: Michael Snowden
Born: 18/12/1987
Position: Scrumhalf
Height: 184cm
Weight: 91kg
Representative Rugby: 2011-2012 NSW Country, 2006 NSW Country Juniors

Michael Snowden is a zippy Eastwood half who established himself as one of the premier scrumhalves in Sydney’s Shute Shield competition. Snowden, 24, was born and raised in the NSW city of Tamworth before relocating to Sydney. Having worked his way through the grades with the North Shore club, he experienced a breakout club season in 2012, crossing for six tries to help Eastwood to a minor premiership and earning selection with the NSW Country side for a second successive season.

Name: Rory Walton
Born: 11/04/1989
Position: Lock
Height: 195cm
Weight: 118kg
Representative Rugby: 2011 NSW Country, 2011 Australian Barbarians

Rory Walton is a rangy, mobile forward who can over both lock and blindside flanker. The hard-nosed forward has plied his trade for Sydney’s Northern Suburbs and was a key member of the side during their charge through the Shute Shield semi-finals. Walton, a former member of the Brumbies Academy, has previously represented the Australian Barbarians and NSW Country.

Read More:http://www.westernforce.com.au/NewsEvents/NewsArticles/tabid/905/ArticleID/7891/Default.aspx

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
It's official. Snowden, James hilterbrand and Rory Walton join Manu as the 4 eps members to join the force.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Evidently John Grant is returning to Rugby and has a Super Rugby contract stitched up with the Force. How true is that?
Yeah thats was rumoured a few pages back not sure now he may be that last EPS spot. There is 2 spots left in the main squad 1 for 3M and a Back which can also be a development players so doubt that will go to Grant EPS would be my guess.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
They are all good Sydney club players.

Manu has the most promise having just turned 22 and able to play on both heads, at least in club rugby. It was a coup to keep him in the EPS but if he is as good as I think he is, he will have to get a full contract in 2014 or the Force will lose him

The other three are tough players who don't have a lot of frills but will go all day. They are young enough to have a good career in the west if they are good enough to step up when they get a chance, yet they are old enough to have proved themselves as hard heads in the Shute Shield.

Slippery scrummie Snowden, who plays for Eastwood, could make in Super Rugby, though it's hard to say from just looking at club form. Walton, who has spent some time in the Brumbies stable, is a goer for Norths, and hooker Hilterbrand, an aggressive defender who can also play prop, has been in grand form with Manly. All three helped their clubs to get into the 2012 finals.

I don't think the Force could have done a lot better recruiting unsigned players from the Shute Shield for their EPS.

M

Moono75

Did we really need James Hilterbrand with Nathan Charles and Ben Whittaker already signed. Manu looks the goods, hope he gets a good look this year.

T

tranquility

Did we really need James Hilterbrand with Nathan Charles and Ben Whittaker already signed. Manu looks the goods, hope he gets a good look this year.

Anyone who can make it as a professional rugby player from Adelaide has the mental fortitude to be a very handy acquisition.

Status
Not open for further replies.