• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T.Rugby

hey all, one of my mates from work is good friends with the bunce family (ex AB). he told me that frank bunces son 'chance bunce' has headed over to play for the western force academy. i've noticed his name in the perth gold squad, according to my friend he is a very talented and similar player to his father...one to look out for. just wandering if anyone knows anything about him?? where he is playing whilst in the academy ect..

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Don't know anything about him but I like his bloodlines.

From a bit of googling, it sounds like he was playing in NRL feeder clubs for a while with no success. References to Cronulla, Cowboy, Tigers and a run in NZ Maori.

No news from ~2010, then he appeared to have bobbed up in WA playing for west subiaco.

So, it looks like hes probably early 20s or thereabouts with some RL experience. References I saw says he plays fullback.

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
Frank Bunce and his mate Walter Little were awesome back in the day. Our blokes found it really hard to beat them. Easier to go around them or stay well clear.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Hi
Any news of a Frenchmen called Rachid Ahlalou, formerly playing league for the Catalan Dragons, who would be training with the Force at the moment?

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Hadn't heard anything about that. Is he any good?

Don't even know the guy. He played apparently for the Catalan Dragons in the Super League then had a stint with Toulon in the Top 14 but hasn't played a game.
I read it on the french rugby newspaper this morning and I believe it is a mistake.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yes I saw I was the one asking him if it was true

“@RichardGraham15: No! “@Sudrugby: @RichardGraham15 mate, I read today in the French rugby news that Rachid Ahlalou was playing with the Force. Is that true?””

So it was. :)

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
The new jerseys.

From the western force Facebook site.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320989290.649637.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320989290.649637.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 226
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320989306.510450.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320989306.510450.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 226

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
I'm really liking the look of the Force forward pack. There's a lot of experience there, with a lot of great tacklers and breakdown experts. The addition of Ma'afu makes it look a whole lot stronger funnily enough. Pity there's not a couple of backs with strikepower, the departure of David Smith and James O'Connor have really left the backline stocks looking average.

1-8 is pretty straightforward:

1. Cowan
2. Charles
3. Ma'afu
4. Wykes
5. Sharpe
6. Hodgson
7. Pocock
8. McCalman

but 9-15 is a bit more difficult to select.

9. Turner
10. Ripia
11. Nalaga
12. Fairbanks
13. Dellit
14. Cummins
15. Shepherd

Anyone disagree?

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Probably have Stannard at 10 and maybe push Ripia out to 12 (dropping Fairbanks to the bench)?
I really think Stannard needs to be in the starting 15, because without him there isn't anyone who offers much in terms of creativity.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Stannard was unbelievable when he had the chance late in the season. I honestly think he is going to be the best back the force have ever had in the next couple of years.

Delit and Sidey both looked great towards the end of the season as well. Ripia will be lucky to get much game time this year unless injuries occur.

Stannard to be one of the best 10,s in aus this year.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think it will be Sidey or Fairbanks. Never know though. Depends on who is doing the best at training.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
A good argument can be made for Cummins at 13, however is there another player in the squad to take his spot at 14 if he moves in one?

Status
Not open for further replies.