• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Waylon

Wykes is a one trick wonder. He likes the one handed pickup and dart from the ruck base. You will notice he hasn't been effective there this year as his opponents have woken up to it.

I would take Jones over Wykes every day of the week. That kid is going to be something.

Wykes will be remembered for standing in the backline and shirking the tough stuff.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
This notion that some sports fans have that a professional player can seagull in the backs and not be dropped from the XV is a ludicrious one.

Wykes' time in the backs is a very deliberate coaching decision. It's no doubt what he's been asked to do.

Whether you like it or not blame the system not the man.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
This team proves my point Murphy who has played all the games for the Force A gets left out of the squad for a QRU player in Blake Enever...need i say more

If they're good enough they'll make it. If they're not good enough they won't make it. It really is that simple.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
This notion that some sports fans have that a professional player can seagull in the backs and not be dropped from the XV is a ludicrious one.

Wykes' time in the backs is a very deliberate coaching decision. It's no doubt what he's been asked to do.

Whether you like it or not blame the system not the man.

Yeah the force have always been very well organised and deliberate, they may not execute perfectly, but they are well coached.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Josh Holmes to the Force...

Western Force to sign halfback Holmes

April 2, 2012 - 10:59AM
AAP
With their injury toll continuing to mount, the Western Force are poised to sign former NSW Waratahs and Brumbies halfback Josh Holmes for the remainder of the Super Rugby season.
The Force's halfback stocks took another blow on Friday night when James Stannard injured his ankle in the 45-19 win over the Queensland Reds.
Although Stannard has been used as the Force's first-choice five-eighth this season, he has also spent significant periods of games at halfback whenever Brett Sheehan has been subbed off.
Advertisement: Story continues below
Justin Turner is Sheehan's regular back-up, but the 22-year-old is out of action for two months due to a knee injury.
Holmes, who has been with French club Bourgoin, is expected to sign with the Force in the coming days.
If the paperwork is processed in time, the 25-year-old will take his place in the match-day squad for Friday night's home clash with the third-placed Chiefs.
The severity of Stannard's ankle injury is expected to be known by Tuesday morning.
The Force are on a high after their demolition job on the Reds, in which they ran in five tries to three to notch their first home win of the year.
© 2012 AAP

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Any reason this bloke was not picked up by any other club? i can see why he was dropped by the Tahs with serel but is he any good?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Any reason this bloke was not picked up by any other club? i can see why he was dropped by the Tahs with serel but is he any good?

Well, he was dropped by the Brumbies... then the Tahs...

Just never really lived up to his potential after being the IRB U19 Player of the year back in 2007...

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Holmes was playing a fair bit of 12 at the Rats with Sheehan at 9 IIRC. He may have even come on off the bench into the midfield for the Tahs?

Anyway, a good pickup for the Force and good to see another Aussie playing on home soil.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Watching that Rebels game really highlighted for me one of the key the weaknesses the Force have. Kicking from hand.

When your forwards do so much good work but you can't capitalise with field position it can be demoralising.

Without Sheperd all we have is our #10. Sheehan can box kick but that is about it and Mafi is inconsistent. I think the Force's two next aquisitions in the backs should both be able to kick from hand.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Holmes was playing a fair bit of 12 at the Rats with Sheehan at 9 IIRC. He may have even come on off the bench into the midfield for the Tahs?

Anyway, a good pickup for the Force and good to see another Aussie playing on home soil.
Great pick up by the Force and Holmes'chance for redemption.

T

tranquility

Watching that Rebels game really highlighted for me one of the key the weaknesses the Force have. Kicking from hand.

When your forwards do so much good work but you can't capitalise with field position it can be demoralising.

Without Sheperd all we have is our #10. Sheehan can box kick but that is about it and Mafi is inconsistent. I think the Force's two next aquisitions in the backs should both be able to kick from hand.

What's Harvey's punt kicking like?

Also if Sam Lane goes well for us tomorrow night, you guys should look at signing him. A video of his schoolboy career was posted in a Reds thread and he looks polished, he also made the Craven week side which is no mean feat. Not many young flyhalfs with those credentials pop up in Australia unfortunately.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Good point, Harvey's is better than most. The real concern has been the 12's and wingers we have.

Cummins, Sidey, Fairbanks, Dellitt and Nalaga (from little I have seen of him) don't offer alot of support.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Couldn't find a match thread for the Chiefs. Force hanging in.

FOR-CHI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.