• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah Sailosi plays for Samoa. I think their Dads from Fiji and mum from Samoa (or the other way around). Both brought up in Auckland as well!

Sailosi plays for my club London Irish and is absolutely class! At one point I considered him the best winger in the world haha but he has been injured the past two seasons.

T

tranquility

dobduff, did you go to school in Aus and then move over to the UK?

I always get confused when you talk about players you have played with or against and your knowledge of European rugby

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Without this being a life story:
Born in France. Lived in France, Italy, Denmark, Ireland and England. Anglo-irish parents. Never lived in Aus! Have lived in England since I was 7.

Just know a bit too much about rugby tbh, the Aus schoolboy players I talk about I have only read about/seen youtube videos which is why it probably confuses you :)

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
My plan exactly pal

Also works for Rugby league as well because Ireland are shit :)

Couple years ago, for the RL World Cup, the Oz media made a huge fuss of an otherwise nondescript bloke named Wayne King in the Ireland team...geez...

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
This fijian bloke looks like an absolute star! will he playing at the cup or is he staying in france?

He hasn't been in France since the beginning of 2011... quite an imbroglio with Clermont.
He went back for christmas in Fiji where his mother wanted him to marry an air hostess from Air New Zeland. As he met another girl three years ago and gives her a child, he didn't want to marry the other woman. Because of this, his mother blocked his bank account and he was unable to pay the subvention for his child. As a result of this, he wasn't allowed to leave Fiji because the authorities seized his passeport.
He signed an agreement with Clermont to be freed from his contract but I believe he can't play for any other French team. That is why he might go back to Clermont after his time in Perth.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Couple years ago, for the RL World Cup, the Oz media made a huge fuss of an otherwise nondescript bloke named Wayne King in the Ireland team...geez...

Haven't heard that one before :) Might only work in an australian accent though,

air hostess from Air New Zeland

Was she an uggo?

To be fair to Nalaga thats quite harsh what his mother did, if my mum tried to blackmail me into marrying some girl I'd quite happily tell her where to get off.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Haven't heard that one before :)

To be fair to Nalaga thats quite harsh what his mother did, if my mum tried to blackmail me into marrying some girl I'd quite happily tell her where to get off.

She was probably General Rabuka's (of the 1987 coup fame) sister!

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
From the Western Force Website

RugbyWA has welcomed the agreement between the West Australian State Government and the Australian Rugby Union that will see the Wallabies play Test matches in the west over the next three years as well as the Emirates Western Force taking on the touring British and Irish Lions in 2013.

RugbyWA CEO Vern Reid said the appetite for Test match rugby in Perth was strong and applauded the decision which will guarantee supporters in WA exclusive matches on Australian soil between the Wallabies and South Africa plus Argentina in the expanded Tri-Nations series.

“To have a prominent Test played in Perth that features our national side is fundamental to the growth of rugby,” Mr Reid said.

“It is important for the rugby community in the State to have the opportunity to be able to experience the game across all three levels, being local competitions, Super Rugby and also Test matches.

“We’re delighted that the agreement will ensure a series of quality Test football is scheduled here in the west over the next three years and we have no doubt the news will be very favourably received by rugby supporters across Western Australia,” Mr Reid added.

Additional to the exciting Test match schedule, the Emirates Western Force will also kick start the British and Irish Lions tour of Australia in 2013 in what will be their first visit to the country in 12 years.

“The British and Irish Lions have a long and prestigious history and it is wonderful that the tradition of playing their first tour match in Australian in Perth will continue,” said Emirates Western Force Coach Richard Graham.

Graham has had firsthand experience playing again the Lions as part of the Australia-A side that defeated the tourists in 2001 and said the wonderful carnival-like match atmosphere created by the supporters is something he clearly remembers today.

“The chance to play against the British and Irish Lions is really a once in a generation opportunity,” said Graham.

“For the Emirates Western Force players it will provide a unique experience that they’ll fondly remember, a really wonderful moment in their rugby career. It’ll also be a very special part of the 2013 rugby calendar for our passionate supporters in WA.”

The first Test featuring the Wallabies and South Africa is scheduled for September 2012 and more details on dates and ticketing will be made available closer to the time.

Great to see the wallabies in Perth again. Now all we need is a (rectangle) stadium to do the crowd justice.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
... and now for something completely unrelated.

After hearing that Paul Alo-Emile has been signed by the Melbourne Rebels, I was initially concerned about the front row. Not that I thought Alo-Emile was going to transform into a starter in the preseason, but I thought he had enormous potential. Along with the losses of Tim Fairbrother, Dunning and Siliva Siliva I initially questioned the strength (and, just as important, depth) of the front row stocks.

That leaves us with Pek Cowan, Nathan Charles and Salesi Ma’afu as the starting front row with Kieran Longbottom and Ben Whittaker on the bench. Maybe not the strongest going around, but pretty handy if I do say so myself.

I also think our depth is to be envied, Tetera Faulkner and Cruze Ah-Nau in the near term, and level 1 academy players such as Aus Schoolboys Oliver Hoskins and Gary Neugebauer in the medium/long term (I must admit to having never seen these two play and basing their potential on nothing more than their selection).

In the event of injuries, I feel perhaps we are a development and/or a hardened club hooker (ala the Tahs Ulugia) short, but perhaps the ARU run academies will provide should the situation arise.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Agree with fatprop about Longbottom; he has grown on me. Ma'afu may not be the greatest Wallaby THP we have ever had but he will bring a bit of physicality to the pack.

Have seen quite a bit of LHP Faulkner who played for well the Junior Tahs this year and of course for Southern Districts. I can't warrant that he will be a world beater but he played well for the JTs. I thought he was a keeper for the Tahs for a couple of years down the track but it is well that he goes somewhere else to get a Super contract. He's 23 now and old enough to be on the park for a stint every now and then to see how he goes.

Hopefully the Tahs can keep hold of teenager Scott Sio who is playing 1st grade on a regular basis now and was in the Oz U/20 squad. But I digress.

I saw LHP Neugebauer and THP Hoskins player for the Oz U/19 team recently. They were in a pack that was well beaten (by an England U/18 pack) and I guess they were a part of that happening but it was hard to judge them. Hoskins hasn't got any smaller since his school days and still looks too tall to be a THP, but he had a couple of good runs in the game.

If they get chosen for the Oz U/20 team next year it will indicate a bit of class but the jury is out. I hate to say this but there could be nothing better for their development, and therefore the Force, than if they came to Sydney to play against the hard heads of the Shute Shield, as Cruze has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.