• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs v Sharks, round 14, Saturday 16 May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.
  5. Go the Tahs!

Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Sorta shaping up as a "must-win-with-bonus-points" game for the Tahs now. Can they do it?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
How do you figure that Lindommer? Playing the second bottom or bottom SA side at home while the Brumbies play a stronger side away. Tahs will be top of the Aus conference soon enough, if not this weekend.

Or are you aiming at No 2 spot? Even that should be relatively easily achieved as the Stormers and Bulls fight out the SA conference.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Playing the last placed team, both at home and away, didn't result in the Tahs getting any chocolates.

After our dismal, one dimensional showings against the Force, and inability to modify the game plan to suit a defence oriented opponent, every game is a potential banana skin for the Tahs.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
HJ is this some sort of modesty creeping into the Tahs' fan base?

Tahs lost to the Force at home, what the first game of the season? That can happen to anyone. Last weekend's loss to them in Perth was a concern, but also imo a bit of an aberration. Have the Tahs lost two games in a row since the very early rounds, if then? They will rectify their attitude or whatever the problem was last game and come out and put at least 30 points on the Sharks this weekend.

On the other hand, it will be much more difficult for the Brumbies against the Lions at their home ground, and I can just see Stuart Berry again having control (or not, even if he's in charge).

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Tahs have the much easier run in than the Brumbies.
Even if finishing, say 5th in the overall standings, they will be guaranteed a home play-off spot and bumped up to as if they finished third.
Home advantage is worth 10-15 points. I'd say they are sitting pretty (at the moment)

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Following the laws of inconsistency the tahs should win this one in wonderful style, before going to SA and getting flogged both games

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tahs wheels have fallen off.

Second Season Syndrome

I don't know about wheels falling off. The performance against the Force was atrocious but thankfully it's in isolation recently.

The Tahs would seemingly do better if all the matches were against the toughest teams. Seems to be great difficulty getting up for the games that are theoretically easier.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
The Force are a bit of a bogey team for the Tahs for some reason. Not so the Sharks at home. Plus the Sharks are going awful.

Tahs by a fair bit.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
So you'll all be disappointed to note that I won't be there Saturday due to my darling wife celebrating the 19th anniversary of her 21st birthday.

Hopefully the Tahs score as much as I'm expecting to.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
So you'll all be disappointed to note that I won't be there Saturday due to my darling wife celebrating the 19th anniversary of her 21st birthday.

Oh c'mon now, surely you're expecting them to get at least one try :D

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
The Sharks improved against the Canes last week.
They weren't nearly as terrible as they were against the Saders.
Still think the Tahs will win though.
Gosh, I hope so....

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Good luck securing a bonus point.

Status
Not open for further replies.