• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs v Reds - Friday 31/5

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Junkyard zero rugby iq plenty of speed but nothing
Yeah - good point. Cause so far his tries and try assists have been nothing but pure speed.

Except of course all the ones which haven’t been.

Like it’s fine to not get caught up in the hype - no problems with that at all. But the guy clearly actually reads play very well in both attack and has done lot’s of good stuff in defence too. Why bag a young guy with a shit comment that clearly isn’t true.

pnut

Billy Sheehan (19)
Yeah - good point. Cause so far his tries and try assists have been nothing but pure speed.

Like it’s fine to not get caught up in the hype - no problems with that at all. But the guy clearly actually reads play very well in both attack and has done lot’s of good stuff in defence too. Why bag a young guy with a shit comment that clearly isn’t true.
Just had a bad game relax mum

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Missed the second half on my way to the airport but it sounds like the tahs actually managed to give us a little opposition in preparation for the finals. As much as I would've liked to put a cricket score on I'm not mad we had to work for it. Should be going into next week in the right frame of mind now.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Missed the second half on my way to the airport but it sounds like the tahs actually managed to give us a little opposition in preparation for the finals. As much as I would've liked to put a cricket score on I'm not mad we had to work for it. Should be going into next week in the right frame of mind now.
Tahs definitely stepped up - and kudos to them. I don’t think anyone would’ve blamed them if they’d rolled over.

But gee the Reds were pretty shit. Passive in defence and no discipline/care in attack.

I reckon Les Kiss will be tearing strips off them.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Because the fluffybunny is a peanut?

Th0mo

Herbert Moran (7)
Free tickets to all schools with borders
Free tickets to most rugby schools all season. My kids have stayed keen all along so I kept taking them and some mates along. Their hopes for the Tahs haven't been crushed yet but losing by a kick a few more times might do the trick. Thank God next year is a Lions year!

pnut

Billy Sheehan (19)
Free tickets to most rugby schools all season. My kids have stayed keen all along so I kept taking them and some mates along. Their hopes for the Tahs haven't been crushed yet but losing by a kick a few more times might do the trick. Thank God next year is a Lions year!
Great idea by the tahs. Should be congratulated

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
That game went about as expected i thought, despite the Tahs season up to now i thought they would put up a fight, Bowen very impressive and good to finally have a 5/8 who can actually kick in general play. The substitutions for Reds didnt do themselves any favours.

Saying Tim Ryan has zero rugby IQ is a stupid comment, let young players develop without being whinging sods everytime they make mistakes

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
back home from the game, which i thought summed up the entire season perfectly. shit handling hurting us, looking good in parts in first half, getting torn apart defensively out wide, then some great play to get back in front then shit the bed with 5 mins to go.

nice to see some of the boys doing the rounds for the fans. they stayed out awhile.

good luck to the reds, but geez after almost losing to us tonight you'll need it to progress further in the finals.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
What did everyone think of Urus try ? Ref made a good call on field and then the TMO comes in and overturns it ? Clearly see the ball on the line? His hand was wrapped and that looked like it was on the line but couldn't see the ball on the line. How to tmos struggle to overturn incorrect try calls even with good evidence but can do that

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Holloway. What a game. Blokes playing with so much confidence.

Goal kicking in this game was atrocious at times. Boggles my mind that anyone thinks lynagh should start at 10 for wallabies. If we pick a 10 that can't kick we may as well go with carter.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
back home from the game, which i thought summed up the entire season perfectly. shit handling hurting us, looking good in parts in first half, getting torn apart defensively out wide, then some great play to get back in front then shit the bed with 5 mins to go.

nice to see some of the boys doing the rounds for the fans. they stayed out awhile.

good luck to the reds, but geez after almost losing to us tonight you'll need it to progress further in the finals.
After the last 3 minutes I am pretty confident, it reminded me of early in the season when we held on defensively for over 20 phases to seal a game. The rest of the game was not inspiring but the end made me think the mindset to win tight games was still there despite a topsy-turvy last month or so.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Despite the game being close at the end I don’t think the Reds will be in alarm mode during finals prep this week.

They got out to a big lead and took the foot off the pedal in a rubber match, one eye on finals. Still managed to defend like champions for the last period of the game get the win.

Moving on.

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Full credit to NSW honestly. Yeah in that second half QLD didn’t play very well but a lot of that is down to NSW coming out switched on - they really started winning the collisions and the rewards flowed for them. Given their decimated roster it was pretty impressive. I was really happy to see such a tight contest and rugby spectacle, although it was probably a bit too tight for my comfort in the end! Lots for the Reds to work on ahead of next week.