• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs v Rebels RD 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

I might turn this off and do my BAS statement, or get my prostate checked, or get my eyelids tatooed.

At least we are getting some consistency across the game, earlier in the season we were shit at scrums, now its scrums, lineouts, passing, catching, kicking, tackling....

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Rebels up 21-3 at half time. Deservedly so I might add. They're playing a good style of rugby and executing the basically well and at speed.

More poor discipline from the Waratahs.

A long way back from here. Even assuming that we get our act together in the second half, there's no sign that the Rebels are going to let up.

All very depressing, although not altogether unexpected.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Don't think a Tahs fan with any sort common sense or introspection would be disrespecting the quality of the Rebels. Tahs have been very definition of mediocre this season, this game is no difference.

The Rebels are playing decent rugby, but it's hardly Chiefs-esque. It's plenty good enough to be pummelling this rabble in sky blue though.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I might turn this off and do my BAS statement, or get my prostate checked, or get my eyelids tatooed.

At least we are getting some consistency across the game, earlier in the season we were shit at scrums, now its scrums, lineouts, passing, catching, kicking, tackling..

and discipline.

It's pretty much reached the point of no return.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Everything the Rebels are doing right the Tahs are doing wrong. Putting the ball out in front of the man, running onto the ball with pace, multiple options. The Tahs look clueless without the "chuck it to Kurtley and let him do his thing" play option.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Very happy with the first half. What about Smith's try, when Timani got the ball he was standing flat footed and I didn't think it would amount to much. Little did I know he would burst through the line and offload to Smith for a try.

G

galumay

this game is no difference.

Its different alright, they havent played anything like this badly this season. Hell we nearly beat the 'Landers with a very good 2nd half a couple of weeks ago. This is a new kind of awful - against a quality side we would be down 40 points at half time.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Everything the Rebels are doing right the Tahs are doing wrong. Putting the ball out in front of the man, running onto the ball with pace, multiple options. The Tahs look clueless without the "chuck it to Kurtley and let him do his thing" play option.

Not sure that the Waratahs game "plan" even extends that far.

Looks more like 15 blokes who met in the car park and noticed someone giving out free blue shirts.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Game against the Highlanders you were at least this bad in the first half. If you'd played like that in the second half the Highlanders could have hit the century.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
<snip>
Horwitz isn't cutting it.
Many Aust Schoolboys rockstars fail to realise the potential seen in them by schoolboy selectors, and keyboard selectors. In saying that, many do.

Horwitz does OK at Shute Shield and is still young with plenty of time to grow into the role.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Thank fuck for the Touchy. Lees is bloody awful.

EDIT: Jesus, didn't even do that right.

EDIT 2: And it results in a try. Fucks sake

G

galumay

What a brilliant idea, win a penalty, elect for a scrum - because our scrum is going so well!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The drought is broken.

Jack Dempsey grabs his first super rugby meat after some solid Rebels defence.

52 minutes gone. 21 - 10 to the Rebels.

Here we come, or is this just the calm before the storm?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Well look on the bright side. The skinny Kiwi prop probably started his last game today. The replacement looks much better. Thank fuque. Looks like Fatcat 10 years ago.

Roach is good value. Fella can play.

Folau and Foley are like Dumb and Dumber today. (As I type that he loses the thing again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.