• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
The guys hanging around playing club footy won't be doing it to collect a cheque, they'll be doing it while working out a contract overseas - if they sign to a super rugby squad their new contract gets locked in and they can't just bail when they get something better anymore. Possibly a few might do it as a retirement year in club footy, but I don't think there are any that fit that profile.

The tahs problem with that top 10 (or 11 given that's how many they reportedly wanted) is they are not in a competitive position to acquire most of them. Even once they get their coaching sorted it's an uphill battle to prove they can offer more to these guys then the Reds, Force or overseas (Brumbies by all reports have filled their squad for next year and are only looking at Feliuai and Tualima). They will likely still get some of them by virtue of being the last option in Australia, but it's looking less and less likely they'll get many first choice ones. They need to get proactive about some of those mid tier off contract players at this point or they're going to miss out on them to overseas clubs and be stuck with rookies next year. Raiwalui's appointment will start to turn that around, but there's a real risk they've left the coaching change over too late.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
These bloody two. Wayne Bennett, Darius Boyd vibes.

Bring them back!
If I was the Dans, I would be careful where my next move goes.

Both have been involved in two pretty unsuccessful setups now (Wallabies and Tigers) which you can brush off. But, if the next move is unsuccessful again, you run the risk of being tarnishing your reputation.

Just from a family perspective, I'd try and stay in the UK for another year or two as the whole uprooting wouldn't be easy.

scrans21

Sydney Middleton (9)
What are Tahs fans thoughts on shifting Kellaway to 13 next year? With Pietsch, Sua'ali'i, Jorgensen and Reilly all in the squad the back three is pretty stacked, but with Wilson and Perese gone there really isn't a 13 option outside of Walton. A backline of Gordon, Edmed, Pietsch, Foketi, Kellaway, Sua'ali'i and Jorgensen is pretty spicy, as long as the forwards are up to scratch.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)

“I don’t use the word upset or past glories, I don’t use past glories as a trump card,” Raiwalui said. “I genuinely wouldn’t have taken the job if I didn’t think that the Waratahs are a success-in-waiting. “I do think they have the bones, they have the pillars, they have the people in place to have success.
“There’s obviously things that we need to work on. We need to get the best staff in place, whether it be playing, whether it be off-field. “We need to get the best players through the juniors, women, men; getting all our ducks in a row, so that we’ve got success on the field.”

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
What are Tahs fans thoughts on shifting Kellaway to 13 next year?
Wouldn't be a great move for him or the Wallabies but it might happen given the Tahs list. I did think they were looking at Sua'ali'i there long term, if that's the case it might be a waste running Kellaway at 13.

I'd argue Pietsch might be better suited to the shift from the Tahs list, it also means his finishing issues are much less of a problem. It's a tricky position to learn though.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Well Cheika won't be

GRD27Z4bwAA66K8.jpeg