• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2025

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
As it stands you don't have the personnel signed to field a full 23 or potentially even 15, it's going to take time build that out to whatever strategy an incoming coach wants to play.

Also worth noting if Tupou ends up at the tahs then having McKellar come in, ideally bringing Palmer with him, would be a really good setup for him and Bell going forward.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I was probably being a bit hard on him but I didn’t like the style he brought to the Brumbies. Despite the fact they were winning they were one trick ponies and it was boring as to watch. He then tried to take that to the Wallabies and it didn’t work because the opposition knew every time we had a line out within 20m of the try line that’s what we would be doing. All that said you are probably right and I’ll at least give him a chance before joining you guys up there.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
I said McKellar was an option a the start of the year regardless of his contract.

If he came back and got the Tahs to relevant then the Wallabies job would be his post Schmidt which is something I think he wants.

Steve_Grey

Larry Dwyer (12)
Plenty of Waratahs (and one Force) on show Easts vs Souths in Shute Shield today - good to see J Heaven back playing; although his throwing radar needs a little fine tuning.

Quality from Teddy Wilson and Bowen - FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner) also super strong, Jed H strong for Souths.

#7 (Gavin) from Easts highly visible pilfering and link play.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Given the success the Brumbies have had it identifying and developing talent from Shute Shield and Hospital Cup (and not always the talent considered first choice) I would’ve thought McKellar would be an attractive candidate to many Tahs supporters.

I wonder the thoughts of some of the players he signed from Australia for next year. I know this sort of stuff is part of pro footy but you’d think a few will be disappointed with the change.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
#7 (Gavin) from Easts highly visible pilfering and link play.
I was talking to his parents last weekend and Tim still looks incredibly fit, like he was still playing for the Wallabies despite that being near on 30 years ago. Even though he is ‘only’ 6’5 the bloke is fucking ginormous, we’d kill to have someone of that physical stature and talent running around in our colours these days. Funnily enough I had to do a double take at Will Harris when I was watching the game today, he does actually look like him.

Steve_Grey

Larry Dwyer (12)
Given the success the Brumbies have had it identifying and developing talent from Shute Shield and Hospital Cup (and not always the talent considered first choice) I would’ve thought McKellar would be an attractive candidate to many Tahs supporters.

I wonder the thoughts of some of the players he signed from Australia for next year. I know this sort of stuff is part of pro footy but you’d think a few will be disappointed with the change.
"....(and not always the talent considered first choice)...."
Yes - Waratahs could benefit from a bit of a player reset / evaluation with their Academy - (conveyor belt of 9s and 10s, but nothing in the BackRow). Brumbies must actually watch Shute Shield and Hospital Cup - Waratahs scouts (if such a concept exists) seem to watch schoolboy rugby, then go into hibernation.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I think my overall preference would be Wisemantel gets the Waratahs job and McKellar stays OS for another 2-3 yrs for experience then comes back with that behind him.

But the current state of NSW rugby is not helping anyone and I feel a high quality HC is required. Hoiles could be that guy - I have no idea - but his current coaching CV looks no better than Coleman’s to me.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
I agree re Hoiles. He has the same template as DC with far less wins at that level currently.

Id be happy with Wisemantel or McKellar. Very happy. Cheika is the wildcard Adrenalin shot we need but you don’t often get potential candidates of their quality when you’re such a shit show.