• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2021

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Rodda has made it clear he doesn’t want to come. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) looks like a rusted on Red now.
How do these guys get away in the first place?

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Rodda has made it clear he doesn’t want to come. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) looks like a rusted on Red now.
How do these guys get away in the first place?

Ballina is closer to Brisbane than Sydney is. Rodda went to IGS.

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) signed with the Reds the year after he took up the sport. Project player. Reds offered 3 year fulltime deal.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
No decent THPs around - Sam Talakai back from Japan wouldn't be game changer but would be an solid upgrade.

Locks - Rodda not keen, then Skelton has to be the target. Coleman off contract soon but read he was on more then even Skelton over there.

Need a thumper in the backrow - Swinton is a great 6, but harris is more of a backup 6 then a go forward 8. Lopeti or Caleb would fit the bill.

1 Big back please - Kerevi most likely to be lined up to come back and would be squeezed out of the Reds.

Also - CFS hasnt gone anywhere yet pretty sure - so could be a solid wing option

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
Need a thumper in the backrow - Swinton is a great 6, but harris is more of a backup 6 then a go forward 8. Lopeti or Caleb would fit the bill.

Watching Harris, I feel he could be an excellent #8 with a few more years of physical development.
He looks athletic and dynamic but seems to be missing the extra muscle required playing against men.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
This was my shopping list from a few weeks ago, pretty much fills all the holes, also knowing there may be even more space available if they don't resign Moroa and Maddocks bails out.

Some serious, big dollar recruiting needs to start for next season. This would be my shopping list. All currently o/s and should all be playing here

Izaak Rodda
Another Lock.
Tolu Latu
Another TH prop so we can have Bell and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) at loosehead.
Samu Kerevi
Taqele Naiyarovoro

Adding this lot would pretty much solve all the weak spots and give the squad the physical presence they are desperately short of. Back row are strong, Halves are strong, just need a couple of bigger frames in the backs and forwards.

I think 1 million in cap gets you maybe two of those, three at the absolute most.

Given how shit our squad is, it's a wonder we are only a mil under.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think 1 million in cap gets you maybe two of those, three at the absolute most.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Hanigan back, pretty sure he’s only signed for 1 year. Think he’s the sort of guy that would want a go at playing in the World Cup. Him, Hooper returning and a decent lock would add plenty to the pack

Jimmyjam

Watty Friend (18)
Well, Rodda no longer an option.

As much as we definitely needed him from a player perspective as I noted earlier, I'm actually feeling pretty good with him going to the Force. The whole departure debacle from the reds left me feeling pretty disappointed in the bloke on a personal level (without being privy to the inner working etc) considering everyone else from the team took a significant financial hit.

Let's hope we can pick up someone else to fill that gap. Matt Philip would be a great addition and way better from a culture perspective.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)

It's a million difference, not, we have a million so we can afford 2 decent players on 500k each (plus wallaby top ups). There would be movement in the squad also as only allowed x number of players

Moeroa is on good moeny and could be moved on (thats hundreds of thousands available) Dempsey is going to thats hundreds of thousands available.

still have Abel on the books

Maddocks might go.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
As much as we definitely needed him from a player perspective as I noted earlier, I'm actually feeling pretty good with him going to the Force. The whole departure debacle from the reds left me feeling pretty disappointed in the bloke on a personal level (without being privy to the inner working etc) considering everyone else from the team took a significant financial hit.

Let's hope we can pick up someone else to fill that gap. Matt Philip would be a great addition and way better from a culture perspective.

Matt Phillip is expected to sign back with the Rebels

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)

So that's a no to Hockings also??

Alex Ross (28)
Rodda was a huge missed opportunity. A brilliant player willing to come back at a discount in exactly the position the Tahs are hugely exposed in. Both in talent and leadership.

Doesn’t matter what money they make available next year if players don’t want to play at the Tahs.

Jimmyjam

Watty Friend (18)
Rodda was a huge missed opportunity. A brilliant player willing to come back at a discount in exactly the position the Tahs are hugely exposed in. Both in talent and leadership.

Doesn’t matter what money they make available next year if players don’t want to play at the Tahs.

I think with this particular bloke, he's made it clear "Show me the money'' is the main motivation in selecting his club of choice... Uncle Twiggy has a very fat cheque book..... If I was just chasing the cash, the Force is where I'd be heading as well.