• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2021

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
The board’s let us fans down. They’ve done a disservice to the experienced players with Wallaby aspirations. They’ve done a disservice to the rookies getting their arses handed to them on a weekly basis. Penney could’ve done a few things differently, but holy shit, are there no mirrors at Waratahs HQ?

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Whittaker and Gilmore as co-coaches ? Or does one of them get called HC ?

Can’t see how that helps the squad , same input come attack and defence, too late to change the roster.

Smells of scapegoat to me .

Board needs to take some heat , not pass the buck .
There's been talk before that Chieka has been approached and was waiting in the wings. It wouldn't surprise me. He's not a great technical coach but a good motivator and has experience at this level

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Damn, didn't think they'd do it. This ain't going to help one bit. Gilmore and Whittaker to HC. Good luck to them but this is depressing.

Feel bad for Penney. If my boss hired me to design a bridge but only gave me a tamagotchi to work with & fired me when I didn't deliver, I'd feel salty too.
Yep never saw that coming as thought they would let him recruit with full salary cap for next year and see how he goes.
And to add to this now paid out pennys contract

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
If i was a player I'd be fleeing. NSWRU and the Waratahs are looking at a five year rebuild. Not a single part of it isn't fucked.
Exactly, a lot of players play for less here for the chance to play for the national team. Good luck impressing the selectors struggling in an underperforming team with a weakened roster. OS or uncle twiggy seems a more satisfying option for the players

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
This is a disgrace (Blackadder will be delighted though)
Davis is showing the capacity to destroy rugby in what has traditionally been the strongest state, he needs to exit the building now.
I don't know whether Penney was the right coach or not, but you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. This side is a combination of youngsters who should be being blooded into super rugby off the bench one at a time, and journeymen who anywhere else would just be squad fillers, coming onto the bench when someone was injured.
If these guys were a proper business, a special general meeting would be called and the whole board sacked!

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
This is a disgrace (Blackadder will be delighted though)
Davis is showing the capacity to destroy rugby in what has traditionally been the strongest state, he needs to exit the building now.
I don't know whether Penney was the right coach or not, but you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. This side is a combination of youngsters who should be being blooded into super rugby off the bench one at a time, and journeymen who anywhere else would just be squad fillers, coming onto the bench when someone was injured.
If these guys were a proper business, a special general meeting would be called and the whole board sacked!

Can we arrange that?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Can we arrange that?
QRU just recently had their AGM , had a full house , all parties invested.

How does it look in Sydney ?

Surely the AGM would be a good start ?

Reason I’m mentioning this is I have heard only recently that it is the norm to have a low attendance at a NSWRU AGM . Happy to be corrected , just thought that shouldn’t be the case , particularly if there are perceived issues with the board.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Was Penney really going to get free reign to recruit and rebuild next year anyway? This Tahs team is so young, I’d imagine it’s the nucleus of what NSWRU want to move forward with over the next few seasons.

Maybe he didn’t share the same vision as them in that regard and it expedited his departure. He probably says to all the players in the change rooms, how the fuck did you forget how to tackle!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Penney 100% deserves the arse.

he knew that the playing roster was not fit for purpose.
He must have met some of the board before he signed,yet he signed....
( we all know the saying about lying with dogs, getting fleas)

remember, this is the mob who couldn’t fill the car park, but insisted we knock down a totally serviceable stadium to build one with a better corporate cellar for $600M....

in another few years, these clowns will have the games televised live on YouTube channel.
#Winning

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
So 2 hours ago on Facebook the Waratahs have put up a “major announcement” on their page. There are close to 400 comments essentially saying the board must go. Unsurprisingly there have been no replies to any of the comments from the organisation.