• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2021

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Michael Ala'alatoa is starting for the best franchise in the southern hemisphere, possibly the world. Why would he want to go to the Tahs?

I thought you were referring to the Brumbies for a second before I realized I'd confused Michael with Allan again. I mean the Brumbies are good, but not 11 titles good..

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Agree - but recruiting a top level lock or two, preferably one at least who brings some experience and physicality, has to be a priority.

I really think they need a good experienced LH lock and a THP

Hooper will be back and Gordon will be healthy

Reactions: TSR

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
I thought I read Hanigan was coming back too. Add those three + a good THL, THP and another hard running inside back to free up Perese and the Tahs will be a different proposition.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
I thought I read Hanigan was coming back too. Add those three + a good THL, THP and another hard running inside back to free up Perese and the Tahs will be a different proposition.

I was watching the Toyota/Suntory game and couldn't help but look at the Aussies on the field and think to myself. Right here should be the Tahs hit list for next season. Hooper is coming back. Hockings, McMahon, Kerevi. Very different Tahs team.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
I was pretty happy with Douglas and Williams in the row last night. The year is blown, so let’s just run with these guys for the rest of the season and let them get some experience under their belt. They were certainly no worse than Whetton or Caird.

They need to work on their physicality both in game and this off season but I certainly thought both offered more than either Caird and Whetton have managed. I actually thought Harris had his best game for us as well.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I was pretty happy with Douglas and Williams in the row last night. The year is blown, so let’s just run with these guys for the rest of the season and let them get some experience under their belt. They were certainly no worse than Whetton or Caird.

Caird does TH lock work, he is worth keeping

I agree re Douglas and Williams

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I was watching the Toyota/Suntory game and couldn't help but look at the Aussies on the field and think to myself. Right here should be the Tahs hit list for next season. Hooper is coming back. Hockings, McMahon, Kerevi. Very different Tahs team.

I think McMahon prefers playing in the easy leagues for better money. Actually, once you've earnt a few caps and gone to a World Cup - i don't see any good reason not to go to Japan and double the length of your career phoning it in against C grade Japanese players. Plus Ramen is fucking delicious.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Damn, didn't think they'd do it. This ain't going to help one bit. Gilmore and Whittaker to HC. Good luck to them but this is depressing.

Feel bad for Penney. If my boss hired me to design a bridge but only gave me a tamagotchi to work with & fired me when I didn't deliver, I'd feel salty too.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Jeez I feel sorry for Penney, inherited a shit fight and was told to produce miracles with one arm tied behind his back.

The NSW board should all resign, starting with the numptey at the top.

People should be asking alot more questions about Roger Davis. He has presided over this mess for way too long - went hiking in NZ in the middleof this crisis a few weeks ago. Not good enough.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Unbelievable! The incompetent board sack the coach who was hamstrung by the ridiculous management and player recruitment of the organisation!!! And Gilmore and Whitaker are going to improve things! PLEASE! The Waratahs are a basket case... Name and shame the whole board for the complete incompetents they are..Brumbies next week ..then.... Wait till the Kiwi games! I wish all the players the best and hope your careers flourish at other franchises!!