• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2021

footy1>31

Charlie Fox (21)
I fear for Tahs fans, that the Tahs haven’t even hit the lowest point yet. From the Reds perspective, we had a number of false dawns before they really recovered.

Honestly you guys never actually truly recovered, just got the micky-mouse comp Super Rugby AU to benefit from and pick up cheap, less-meaningful wins. ;)

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Honestly you guys never actually truly recovered, just got the micky-mouse comp Super Rugby AU to benefit from and pick up cheap, less-meaningful wins. ;)
Also saves the Tahs from being regularly unleashed upon by the Crusaders & Co , now that would be hard to come back from!

Might make Christchurch 2002 look like not a bad day out ?

footy1>31

Charlie Fox (21)
Also saves the Tahs from being regularly unleashed upon by the Crusaders & Co , now that would be hard to come back from!

No memories of that thankfully, but I’m sure for the elder posters it was all let go of in 2014, the last legitimate title won by an Aussie Super Rugby team.

Last home game against the Saders the team got up so no fears there!

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
No memories of that thankfully, but I’m sure for the elder posters it was all let go of in 2014, the last legitimate title won by an Aussie Super Rugby team.

Last home game against the Saders the team got up so no fears there!
2002-2014 fairly long journey , good luck on this one.

Reds hit their rock bottom in 2007 in Pretoria against the Bulls . That was the bye-bye Eddie farewell tour, turned it around in 2011 also playing the Saders in a home final .

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I fear for Tahs fans, that the Tahs haven’t even hit the lowest point yet. From the Reds perspective, we had a number of false dawns before they really recovered.

We were papering over the cracks last year. The team knew it and the burden that having Hooper captain the team would have been on him. The bloke played like three men. Tizzano is playing well but he is not Hooper.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
We were papering over the cracks last year. The team knew it and the burden that having Hooper captain the team would have been on him. The bloke played like three men. Tizzano is playing well but he is not Hooper.

I dont get the hate for Hooper, he is a absolute gem, one of the best rugby players we have ever produced. I hate him for going back to the tahs.. but the guys amazing, the work he does in a game..amazing

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I dont get the hate for Hooper, he is a absolute gem, one of the best rugby players we have ever produced. I hate him for going back to the tahs.. but the guys amazing, the work he does in a game..amazing
I am actually bit disappointed by the hate towards someone who is hardest worker and most consistent player and without doubt tahs missing hooper. I think he needs to be a little more respected for what he has done as a player personally.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)

To be clear I certainly wasn't hating on Hooper. My point was if he wasn't in the team last year we would have performed much more poorly. I do think that being the captain of a team when you have busted yourself but the team have been pumped was one of the reasons he moved away from it at a state level. I'm happy he has taken sometime to refresh.

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) looked good at loosehead on the weekend. I would be chasing Michael AA, Ta'avo, Lomax, PAE or Sam Talakai for TH. Let HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and Bell duel it out for LH.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) looked good at loosehead on the weekend. I would be chasing Michael AA, Ta'avo, Lomax, PAE or Sam Talakai for TH. Let HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and Bell duel it out for LH.

Of that list only Talakai is eligible for the Wallabies. Focus should be on Wallaby eligible players.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

I think we have overall issues with our scrum but I'm not sure this solution is a good one.

I don't know that HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) is an inferior THP to several on this list and expect that Angus Bell could be a better LHP within a year. Do we want to end up with HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) as a bench player and potentially have our best two props both fighting over one position? I don't think that makes our team better.

THP is a harder position to play but I think HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) will get there. He got moved to LHP when he started in Super Rugby because that's where the opportunity was. He was a THP before that and got moved back there because that is where he was needed when Kepu left.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Michael Ala'alatoa is starting for the best franchise in the southern hemisphere, possibly the world. Why would he want to go to the Tahs?

I thought he was very lucky not to get a YC in first half against the Blues on the weekend as he was in trouble against his opponent in this match.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I don't think there is much wrong with the Tahs front row. I think most of your problems start and end with the second row.

Reactions: TSR

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
There is a fair bit off no one ever playing together as a team.

That both affects defence and attack; and can only be solved by playing together

and the more they chop and change ...............................

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
There is a fair bit off no one ever playing together as a team.

That both affects defence and attack; and can only be solved by playing together

and the more they chop and change ...........
Agree - but recruiting a top level lock or two, preferably one at least who brings some experience and physicality, has to be a priority.