• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2020

B

Bobby Sands

I remember watching the Sydney NRC where they belted Country NRC.

I was impressed at the time with Gamble & Kemeny, and said they should be signed.

Good to see it has actually happened! Both look like good finds.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Hunt is in the photo of the 2020 membership drive. I wonder if that means he is staying?

Attachments

• EHjL-J1W4AULpNT.jpg
    EHjL-J1W4AULpNT.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 209

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
they also did some social media today (I think) showcasing one of his passes this season. I reckon they are on the verge of announcing him.

S

Show-n-go

The Marketing gurus at advertising agency Booze, Longlunch and Ponytail never have had a good reputation for picking teams.

Marketing wise its a smart move regardless of if he is staying or not, there's not exactly many options in terms of household names at the tahs, pretty much non if you aren't a union follower

All last year they were insistent on plastering Nick Phibbs and Hanigan, two of the most polarised players in Australia

Dumb af

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
they also did some social media today (I think) showcasing one of his passes this season. I reckon they are on the verge of announcing him.

It'd be damn odd if he wasn't staying with those promos, but like people said, hard to know if the admen got the memo one way or the other so I'll await the formal announcement.

The squad on the website (https://nsw.rugby/teams/nsw-waratahs) has been updated in the last couple of days. They removed the players who have left. Hunt and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) are still on the list.

You know, I really didn't consider AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) staying - not sure why. For some reason I just thought he'd be moving on, but then I believe he has a reasonably young family, so maybe he's happy to be back in Sydney. I think I'd be great to still have him around with some of the younger players and having been part of the World Cup campaign without playing a lot, I reckon he's got to be rather fit atm, so hopefully that carries into the next year if he does stay.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It'd be damn odd if he wasn't staying with those promos, but like people said, hard to know if the admen got the memo one way or the other so I'll await the formal announcement.

You know, I really didn't consider AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) staying - not sure why. For some reason I just thought he'd be moving on, but then I believe he has a reasonably young family, so maybe he's happy to be back in Sydney. I think I'd be great to still have him around with some of the younger players and having been part of the World Cup campaign without playing a lot, I reckon he's got to be rather fit atm, so hopefully that carries into the next year if he does stay.

We lack older pros to mentor the younglings

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)

It looked a given as he was still on the https://nsw.rugby/teams/nsw-waratahs page that Jimmy posted.

I'm liking these local appointments vs. shipping in too many players. It's much more of a Canterbury approach to squad building. It actually reminded me a little of this video for how the Crusaders build their squads around the Ben Darwin cohesion approach and why their academy is so important.