• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
You make it sound like each coach is on equal footing, which is clearly not the case.

Who was it said, more or less, that there are two classes of coach? Those who have been sacked, and those who are waiting for the sack.

Who said every coach is on an equal footing? Not me.

T

TOCC

There were rumours Gibson would be gone by the start of the season if the Tahs found the money, guess they couldn’t find the money.

Gibson seems to be the Richard Graham of NSW, he inherited a good squad who were technically proficient and had a solid experience base. Whilst player turnover has occurred it hasn’t been dramatic and he still has key players. Yet since then, they have regressed in individual skills and team cohesion. It was a succession plan that hasn’t worked.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him sacked before the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There were rumours Gibson would be gone by the start of the season if the Tahs found the money, guess they couldn’t find the money.

Gibson seems to be the Richard Graham of NSW, he inherited a good squad who were technically proficient and had a solid experience base. Whilst player turnover has occurred it hasn’t been dramatic and he still has key players. Yet since then, they have regressed in individual skills and team cohesion. It was a succession plan that hasn’t worked.

I wouldn't say there was a plan, per se.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)

Lack of genuine alternatives is the issue. I like Cron but I am little sceptical of his experience and rapid rise to professional rugby. Jim Mackay, Todd Louden maybe I’m not sure

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

And yet, TOCC, he still keeps producing Wallabies.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
He doesn't. It's code for "Too many Tahs".
That makes more sense then. Because looking only at their Super Rugby performances last year I'd would have had question marks over even Foley and Hooper.

Honestly the 'Tahs probably have the strongest roster in Australia, but unless something changes they could end up being the worst team in Australia!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
That makes more sense then. Because looking only at their Super Rugby performances last year I'd would have had question marks over even Foley and Hooper.

Honestly the 'Tahs probably have the strongest roster in Australia, but unless something changes they could end up being the worst team in Australia!

I wasn't encouraging that conversation, as it gets plenty of airtime anyway. Just pointing out why he posted that comment.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)

In the past this has been the case and we are known for perennial under-achievement. I don't really think the same accusations can be levelled at the current team.

The pack is underwhelming to say the least. Question marks over outside backs and 13. I'd take the Brumbies and probably Rebels over ours and i think the standings will reflect that.

Don't envy the Reds though.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tahs really could do with 2 prospects coming through this season and showing they are going to be a fixture in the team for the next few years, similar to Hanigan last year. I know he wasn't the greatest at international level, but he was a solid Super Rugby player by seasons end. That'd help solve some of the depth issues. No idea who these people could be tho, Vui?

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Don't envy the Reds though.

I don't know, young side, ozzing with young talent, upcoming coach.

Not good this season; although they could have a Brumbies-esqu season, win a few games they shouldn't, scratch out a bonus point here and there.
All they need to do to not have a shit season is not have a shit season.

Brumbies, Rebles and Waratahs have to finish top 2 of the conference otherwise it's an unsuccessful season.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Lol, 'injury' they were never sending him, go to his house and see if he's packed, won't be a bag in sight!

The article says he's still going says he's going to Brisbane with the team to fulfil his promotional ambassador duties, whether he was ever going to play is another matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
The article says he's still going says he's going to Brisbane with the team to fulfil his promotional ambassador duties, whether he was ever going to play is another matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was referring to him playing. But yes he is still going. He was never going to play, he was just a promotional player.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Anyone think there is a chance of Mason forcing his way into the starting side? He's looked fucking excellent at the 10's!

Status
Not open for further replies.