• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Highlanders report of the game have it that Highlanders wound up the pace in the second half to thump NSW
Second 3rd. It really isn't an indicator of the season. We dont know how many, if any changes from both sides were made after we led 10-7 at 1/3 time but got smashed in the second. And most of the first string players were rested. I agree with others that it would be interesting to know how the fringe payers performed rather than scores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Tahs have regresssed under Gibson IMO, basic skill sets and fluency of the game plan seems to have worsened each year under his tenure. Squad wise they have one capable of winning the championship, But it’s the coaching which will let them down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Tahs have regresssed under Gibson IMO, basic skill sets and fluency of the game plan seems to have worsened each year under his tenure. Squad wise they have one capable of winning the championship, But it’s the coaching which will let them down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not unfair, but I think the number 1 thing that's slowly regressed under Gibson is roster quality.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
What impact are we expecting from Cron?

I expect a lot, based on his amazing work in club rugby, turning an anonymous team into a slick, well organised, outfit, with great attack and great defense.

Then again, it all depends on the Head Coach, he is the boss. He can choose to give Cron some real responsibility, or he can sideline him.

dru

David Wilson (68)
I expect a lot, based on his amazing work in club rugby, turning an anonymous team into a slick, well organised, outfit, with great attack and great defense.

Then again, it all depends on the Head Coach, he is the boss. He can choose to give Cron some real responsibility, or he can sideline him.

I love seeing talented coaches coming through the ranks. Very little in the way of pathways for them, so I'm very hopeful for Cron. Naturally the lead is Gibson, but it's great seeing Cron standing in front of an opening door.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Size helps when it is muscle. When it is flab, it does not help. Presumably he has lost flab.

It is the combination of speed (which is strength in one sense) and size that counts. Less flab, more speed, I would have thought.

He would still be pretty huge if he lost a further few kilos. He was too fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.