• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

mjw

Larry Dwyer (12)
Another one bites the dust

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby-...the-nsw-waratahs/story-fndpt9s1-1226709353619

Will be sad to see LT go, but he will get a much better shot at it up there, then behind the backline NSW has on offer in 2014. All the best to him
Over the years LT was one of my favourites at the Tahs, but has not shown much over the last couple of years [of course due to injury]. I don't think Cheika was interested in his services so am glad he is still valued in Aust unlike a current Wallaby winger. Good luck, LT, but not against the Tahs.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
Another one bites the dust

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby-...the-nsw-waratahs/story-fndpt9s1-1226709353619

Will be sad to see LT go, but he will get a much better shot at it up there, then behind the backline NSW has on offer in 2014. All the best to him

Good luck to him. Unfortunately injuries the last few years have hurt his prospect in NSW, as Crawford, Betham and Kingston have developed. Would have been a decent player to have in around the squad. But hopefully he can find a home in QLD and start reproducing his form of a few years ago.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I would take Turner every day of the week ahead of Kingston.

We've taken neither.

I think it's a good move for Turner personally. With the departures from the Reds, he's a good shot at being in the matchday 23 or even the starting 15.

At the Tahs I think he'd be pushing it to get ahead of Crawford, Betham and Folau.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Injuries have robbed us from seeing LT reach his full potential. Good luck to him on his move North.

Anyone know if he will be available for the Woodies when Soup 2014 finishes, or will be sucked into playing BrisVegas Prem rugby?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Matt Carraro has signed with the Tahs. Lachie must be filthy.

Why?

I suspect his move to the Reds had a lot to do with money, i.e. the Reds could pay him a lot more, and playing opportunity.

Carraro would be on a lot, lot less than what Lachie could demand (or hope for?) as a Wallaby.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Carraro seems like a bit of a left field signing.

I wonder what has brought about his return to Australia? I'd imagine he'd be taking a substantial pay cut to return.

I really haven't seen anything of him in recent years. How does he go for Montpellier? Is he better than when he last played for the Tahs?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I really haven't seen anything of him in recent years. How does he go for Montpellier

As an outside back for Montpellier he would have spent the majority of his time chasing box kicks, expansive rugby wasn't really their forte over the past few years. 16 tries in 80 games for them isn't a great return for a winger either

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
As an outside back for Montpellier he would have spent the majority of his time chasing box kicks, expansive rugby wasn't really their forte over the past few years. 16 tries in 80 games for them isn't a great return for a winger either

We need someone who is good at chasing kicks so maybe that is a plus!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I will be interested to see if Michael Hodge gets much of a run next year. Obviously he has to be healthy first, but if he doesn't play much next year it will make him a very bizarre signing.

The signing of Carraro could perhaps suggest that Cheika doesn't rate Hodge.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I will be interested to see if Michael Hodge gets much of a run next year. Obviously he has to be healthy first, but if he doesn't play much next year it will make him a very bizarre signing.

The signing of Carraro could perhaps suggest that Cheika doesn't rate Hodge.

From what I've seen of Hodge, he never struck me as a player that was of Super Rugby standard. He's quick but lacks the physicality required to compete at the professional levels of the game today.

Status
Not open for further replies.