• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The injury to Hodge is devastating news and a replacement is needed ASAP. I'm just throwing out a name Kimami Sitauti former Rebel but believed to be currently in the Reds set up, handy replacement.
He's always been earmarked as a talent.
But one year at the Reds,then,Brumbies,then Rebels is a bit of a red flag.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Outside center is an issue for the Tahs. You have options but it is most likely they will be plucked from other starting positions which will disrupt your combinations.

Hooker is the biggest issue though.

I thought the Tahs had good stocks at lock. What you need is one to put his hand up and step up.

Rugby Is My Life

Herbert Moran (7)
Round 2 team (Tahs have the bye Round 1) - thoughts?

It won't happen but I'd make Hooper the captain as well.

1) Robinson
2) Polota-Nau
3) Ryan
4) Douglas
5) Potgieter
6) Dennis
7) Hooper (C)
8) Palu
9) Phipps
10) Foley
11) Betham
12) Beale
13) Ashley-Cooper
14) Crawford
15) Folau
Bench - 16) Lotu, 17) Kepu, 18) Tilse, 19) Skelton, 20) McCutcheon, 21) McKibbin, 22) Volavola, 23) Lance

Is Holloway injured?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Round 2 team (Tahs have the bye Round 1) - thoughts?

It won't happen but I'd make Hooper the captain as well.

1) Robinson
2) Polota-Nau
3) Ryan
4) Douglas
5) Potgieter
6) Dennis
7) Hooper (C)
8) Palu
9) Phipps
10) Foley
11) Betham
12) Beale
13) Ashley-Cooper
14) Crawford
15) Folau
Bench - 16) Lotu, 17) Kepu, 18) Tilse, 19) Skelton, 20) McCutcheon, 21) McKibbin, 22) Volavola, 23) Lance

Is Holloway injured?

That's pretty close to the starting team I'd pick as well with the exception of McCutcheon (purely for his lack of impact) and Lance. I think young Bread deserves a look in on the bench.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
1) Robinson
2) Polota-Nau
3) Kepu
4) Douglas
5) Potgieter
6) Dennis
7) Hooper (C)
8) Palu
9) Phipps
10) Foley
11) Betham
12) Horne
13) Ashley-Cooper
14) Crawford
15) Folau

Bench - 16) Lotu, 17)Ryan, 18) Tilse, 19) Skelton, 20) Holloway/McCutcheon, 21) McKibbin, 22)Lance, 23) Beale

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I agree with fatprop's team except I expect that Gray might be ahead of Holloway as the backup 6/8. McCutcheon could definitely be the reserve backrower though although his best position is 7 and the intention will be for Hooper to play 80 minutes.

Not sure if Crawford is going to be ready for round one.

Rugby Is My Life

Herbert Moran (7)
Cheik would be nuts to have Beale on the bench. He might start the season there but I'd bet my last dollar he's starting pretty quickly. Without a doubt when on song, he's world class. Add in some tough love from Cheil and we can expect big things I reckon.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Cheik would be nuts to have Beale on the bench. He might start the season there but I'd bet my last dollar he's starting pretty quickly. Without a doubt when on song, he's world class. Add in some tough love from Cheil and we can expect big things I reckon.

I agree that he won't stay on the bench for a long time, but it also needs to be considered what provides the best balance for the team. Horne and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) were an excellent centre pairing last year and were a key part of the Waratahs attack.

Playing Beale in a position he isn't accustomed to (12) just so he has more minutes on the field isn't necessarily going to provide the best outcome for the team.

If he is on the bench for the first couple of games and carves teams up in the last 20 minutes it might be the case that that option is the best one going forward.

It's a good problem to have.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
So I saw ShtinaTina and Badger at the members season launch last night.

Was anyone else there from the forum?

I had planned to go but got stuck in work, Mrs JSRF was upset that she missed out on chatting to Izzy although it might have worked out better for our relationship.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Been very ill this week. Thought it best not to pass it on to the team! How was the members launch?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Been very ill this week. Thought it best not to pass it on to the team! How was the members launch?

It was good. The players and coaching staff were all really approachable and good to chat to.

They've obviously had a fair bit of training in that regard in the last couple of years. It was impressive that the players always remembered people's names that they'd chatted to.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
So I saw ShtinaTina and Badger at the members season launch last night.

Was anyone else there from the forum?

You would have seen me in a Tahs polo being very hopeless at trivia - thought it was a really great event for the members and the location was good - it could have been somebody's backyard!

gowaratahs

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm going to guess that if you're in the extended squad for the final trial, you're going to be in either squad for the season proper. With 2 free spots plus 2 extra without injured Chapman and Hodge, it looks like Metcher, Roach and Hoiles have the inside running for the 3 full time and 1 EPS spots.

I'd upgrade Alofa, and give Hoiles a full time contract - leaving Metcher and Roach on EPS. Then you have a full time contract up your sleeve, which you can fill later if an established player becomes available - or upgrade another EPS player if you need coverage from a shield player (Lucas must be close, but 3 scrummies is a luxury).

Is Gray injured? And Carraro?

Status
Not open for further replies.