• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Despite my mortification, thanks for the correction, Iiwii.

Bruce is a goose!

Actually, in his correction It is what it is said something that wasn't what it was. Dublin is in Leinster, not Leinster in Dublin.

I hesitate to disagree with the remainder of your post.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Actually, in his correction It is what it is said something that wasn't what it was. Dublin is in Leinster, not Leinster in Dublin.

I hesitate to disagree with the remainder of you post.
It's Round 3 of the "Sawing Saw Dust Competition" and I put forward to the honourable judge that the said defendant Mr Ross was referring, at all times to the Rugby team, not the province...hence Leinster is in Dublin.
In addition I am able to proffer a local survey where 107.18% of respondents agreed that this was the case.
The Crown rests its case.

T

Tahfan

"The ultimate decision came form the board, but perhaps all the players knew that the man who is supposed to lead them to glory was limited by a short coaching career." "Short coaching career"? He started his professional coaching career 13 years ago with Knoxy at Padova. Obviously I'm using the word "professional" somewhat loosely in relation to Padova but what I mean is they were paid to do it.

Yep just proves Burke is a tool who should never be read. Even if you take Padova out, he's been in Europe between Leinster & Stade for 7 years if memory serves and took a bunch of underperforming prima donna's into one of the premier sides in Europe.

It was interesting to hear him use the "cappucino culture" line about Leinster in his rugby club interview it was massively true wonder what parrallels he sees with the Waratahs side.

Excited about the next 3 years. He WILL turn it around given the support at board level but just hope that people don't expect it to be next season.

It's going to be a very interesting season for those Tah's players who are either perennial under achievers or constantly injured. Could be make or break...

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Why the *&^% is my name showing as Allen Oxlade?

What's that you were saying Allen?

It's an indicator of the number of posts you have made. You can change it if you want by selecting a different skin (bottom left of the page), which will just show total posts instead of past Wallaby captains. Click on Green and Gold and it will open the style chooser, With Post Counts will take Allen out of your avatar.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I didn't know that and I might change mine. Wait a minute - Steve Williams is a Joeys old boy so I'll have to keep it until I click over to another name.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The fitness fella and one of Bowen or Gaffney (or both) MUST go. The two glaring weaknesses in the Tahs' play last year had to be fitness and backs play.

Hold fast, Michael, don't blink.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Bowen has to go, by all accounts he and foley teamed up and tried to out Gaffney including separating him from decision making. If they both go fine but Bowen has had time, he has failed.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
The fitness fella and one of Bowen or Gaffney (or both) MUST go. The two glaring weaknesses in the Tahs' play last year had to be fitness and backs play.

I heard that the new Wallabies s & c bloke said if he had anyone to replace him it would be the Waratahs guy.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I heard that the new Wallabies s & c bloke said if he had anyone to replace him it would be the Waratahs guy.

This post can be read at least two ways:
  1. If I was to go, the Waratahs bloke should replace me. If this is the meaning then the Wallabies S&C guy should be terminated (preferably with extreme prejudice). The Tahs S&C this year was absolutely abysmal!
  2. If the Wallabies guy had someone of high standard, then he would immediately move to put him at the Tahs (in a hypothetical sort of way). Watching the Tahs this year this alternative at least fits the history, though it's more of a stretch grammatically.
Note that there were two S&C guys at the Tahs this year, supposedly working (together?). Which one was he referring to?

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Note that there were two S&C guys at the Tahs this year, supposedly working (together?). Which one was he referring to?

If overtime he does or they both get the punt. Who takes over the franchise moving forward, only weeks prior to the start of pre-season training ?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
In addition to rugby, I watch a lot of NFL. Two years ago, my team -- the 49ers -- were one of the worst in football but did have very good players in a number of positions. Before last season, they brought in a new coach but very few new players. They went from the cellar to 13-3 and one game away from the Super Bowl. The Niners story emphasizes the difference quality coaching can make. The Reds and Brumbies show something similar.

What we're seeing so far from Cheika is decisive movement in the right direction. For the first time in years I'm optimistic about the Tahs leadership. I don't know if this season will be much of a success (and I certainly don't expect a sudden, huge turnaround) but I do hope we start seeing the coaching maximizing the potential of the talent.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think the key word is "leadership".

yeah, this year highlighted what happens when everyone isn't rowing the same way.

The cattle are there to be a competitive side, just not the winning side until we find a quality 10.

Rob42

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
In addition to rugby, I watch a lot of NFL. Two years ago, my team -- the 49ers -- were one of the worst in football but did have very good players in a number of positions. Before last season, they brought in a new coach but very few new players. They went from the cellar to 13-3 and one game away from the Super Bowl. The Niners story emphasizes the difference quality coaching can make. The Reds and Brumbies show something similar.

What we're seeing so far from Cheika is decisive movement in the right direction. For the first time in years I'm optimistic about the Tahs leadership. I don't know if this season will be much of a success (and I certainly don't expect a sudden, huge turnaround) but I do hope we start seeing the coaching maximizing the potential of the talent.

Thanks for bringing up the 49ers, Richo. Their turnaround has been inspiring, and I'm definitely hoping the Tahs can take a leaf from their book. Perhaps Berrick could be the Tahs' Alex Smith - a talented playmaker who never quite reached his potential until he was coached by someone who could give him a very clear gameplan and structure that worked to his strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.