• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
The discussion has veered off into unecessarily speculative and personal areas and is thus against the rules of the fourm- see rule 6.

You are more than welcome to go and start your own forum where this discussion is allowed.

barbarian, would you be so kind as to direct me to Rule 6, and indeed all of the other rules of the forum? I can't find them. I am surprised that the Rules have such a degree of specificity that one of them proscribes "unnecessarily speculative" discussion. I frequently stray into speculation and you as presumably authorised gatekeeper may well determine that I am being "unnecessarily" so.

That being the case it may well be that I am one of the people to whom you have issued the very fraternal invitation:

"You are more than welcome to go and start your own forum where this discussion is allowed."

I have enjoyed my time here.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Bruce I wasn't so much referring to the speculative aspect as the personal one. As you well know we are pretty keen not to delve into the discussion of the personal lives of players, coaches and other public figures.The discussion of Sally Loane was deemed to have crossed the line, as stated in Rule 6. (btw rules are here ).

So while normally you can speculate until your hearts content, there does come a point where discussing the contributions of individual board members (which we have no way of knowing) just goes too far. We reached that point a while back, and so me and the mods are trying to get everyone back on track.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Bruce, if you by chance happen to stray into unchartered territories I'll be only too happy to guide you back to safe harbour. But it may not be in Darlington; would Mrs BR be au fait with that arrangement? Various watering holes and eating places in Glebe Point Road, and elsewhere, spring to mind.

You're always welcome at G&GR and with us anywhere.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Thank you, barbarian. I now have Rule 6:

6. Play the ball not the man. Personal comments will be deleted and you'll get a card or ban.
This also applies to comments about players, coaches and other public figures. Feel free to criticize their play and decisions with reasoning, but not slander them as a person.
"Like last weekend, he's always seagulling and it gives me the shits" is OK.
"He's a f*ckwit who'll never amount to anything" is not.
Only a complete knob jockey resorts to personal insults anyway.

I have read it and re-read it and can find not the slightest reference to anything pertaining to speculative comments.

Your injunction to unnamed persons to in effect "go off and start your own forum" I find offensive and against what I have thus far perceived to be the spirit of this forum.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
there does come a point where discussing the contributions of individual board members (which we have no way of knowing) just goes too far. We reached that point a while back, and so me and the mods are trying to get everyone back on track.

Except that is not what happened. Perhaps you need to re-read the posts. Mine were about QUALIFICATION not CONTRIBUTION for the vey very reason you state. What are qualifications to be a moderator?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So can we get back to talking about rugby?

So if we've re-signed McKibbin for two more years, have Pretorius for another year and the rumours are true that we've signed Matt Lucas, presumably that means Grayson Hart will be dropped out of the EPS group.

I wonder if Lucas will be an EPS player or on a full contract?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Deans is the obvious exception from rule 6? All the bashing that goes on against him seems to get a free ride.

Most criticism has been regarding performance and is thus not speculation but perception and is not any personal attack but professional critique. Heat and kitchens.

M

Municipalforce

Obviously 2012 has been a big disappointment to most, I know I had high hopes for this squad with a new coach. It's sad to say but the negativity surrounding the team and board has gotten to me and after waiting all year to see them play I'm now dreading watching them at Suncorp in round 18.

I'm also wondering in short who is leaving the team next year and who are we signing. I know coaching is still up in the air but one could presume that MF won't be around, have we got any real options if the board decide to drop him.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
So if we've re-signed McKibbin for two more years, have Pretorius for another year and the rumours are true that we've signed Matt Lucas, presumably that means Grayson Hart will be dropped out of the EPS group.

knowing the tahs luck Hart will sign for another province, excell, and become (another) saviour of NSW rugby we let slip

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member

My understanding is that he has signed a full contract for 2 years. He's a great pick up in my eyes. While he might be small he has a great rugby brain on his head and love to compete and seems to thrive under pressure.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Tahs should look at Sean Doyle who is doing a fantastic job captaining Southern Districts at the top of the Shute Shield table atm, he's a real hard hitting 6/7 with a big engine.

W

What2040

First time in my life that I am barracking for a team south of Griffith Street, coolangatta - GO THE TAHS

Status
Not open for further replies.