• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
As you would already know from my "five wishes" article this has been something of a hobbyhorse of mine so I am absolutely stoked with Foley's comment!

I like the sound of that. You hope to see enough players putting pressure on him to pick them in that 28 then 22. Problem may be when a few key players get crocked, and the "luxury" of rotating players who are going well gets removed. Must be fun being a coach? Looking forward to the S15, I have to say.

T

TOCC

I'm not sure its necessary that every player be rotated for the sake of it..

Why not rest those players with niggling injuries, and play those who don't..
If Pretorious is rested in round 4 when he is perfectly ok, what happens in round 8 when he has aggravated a shoulder injury..
You obviously rest him.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
There was an article recently about resting players in which Palu said something along the kinds of that ganes wern't for resting, training was. I agree with him, having a rest from four or five days training or at least a reduced workload every now and then would be more resting than sitting out 80 mins (or less if your subbed off)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Agree, players have no problems getting up at 100% for a game, it's where the intensity is different in training that niggling injuries occur.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
There was an article recently about resting players in which Palu said something along the kinds of that ganes wern't for resting, training was. I agree with him, having a rest from four or five days training or at least a reduced workload every now and then would be more resting than sitting out 80 mins (or less if your subbed off)

I think when a played is rested for a game it means he gets a week off diligently preparing for said game, I think the two are part and parcel.

It takes a special and rare played to produce a good game coming off a heavily effected training/preparation week.

EDIT: Obviously there is more to game prep than the physical side of it but that is the part that impacts the players' niggling injuries.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Plenty of the players train very little for many years, usually guys like Terry Lamb & Laurie Daley only did the team runs and the rest of the time was spent managing chronic injuries

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
I just found out I won an 8 eight game membership pack for next season. Aside from the cheap beers it was definitely a good idea to go to Rocky and Sarel's welcoming function.

That's brilliant...what did you end up using to enter as I recall you didn't have a business card on hand? Anyway, congrats! Pleased that you won.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Moses lent me a card. Crossed out his name and put mine in.

I'm pretty sure that is what probably got me the prize. Saw that I had to write my details on someone else's card and they thought well he can't purchase one.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Moses lent me a card. Crossed out his name and put mine in.

I'm pretty sure that is what probably got me the prize. Saw that I had to write my details on someone else's card and they thought well he can't purchase one.

Hmmm...will need to carry some other people's business cards with me in the future.:lmao:

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
1-benn
2-TPN
3-sekop
4-vickers
5-timani
6-rocky
7-alcock
8-palu
9-pretourious
10-berrick
11-mitchell
12-carter
13-horne
14-turner
15-AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

That is a mighty strong side......It will be interesting to see how Pretorious fits in with the team, how Alcock might go on a week in week out basis, and whether or not Timani's handling skills have improved, but there are very few questions outside of those for me.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think the question most Tahs fans have is how many of our best 22 are going to be available at the start of the season.

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
I also think that is a strong starting line up - but bench is not great. When Tahs get a few injuries I am afraid that they are going to be mediocre (AGAIN)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What Super Rugby teams really have great depth on the bench and outside their best 22?

It is pretty much a fact of life in franchise sport (whichever sport you're talking about) that the depth falls away quickly if you lose a few of your key players.

Status
Not open for further replies.