• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I hope so.

We need double T-Money.

Unless Michael Foley listens to Notorious BIG and thinks that Mo Money Mo Problems.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
So that mention of Zipper must be wrong.

1. Metuisela is a good acquisition - I don't know why the Force didn't keep hold of him. Hard bugger, gets over the gain line. Not as good an 8. as Vaea in Sydney Club rugby but not far off. Yep.

2. Hart -Mentioned before: He didn't look great when I saw him at Sydney Uni Oval but the next week against Randwick at Forshaw you could see why he had played for the Blues in the S14.

3. L. Timani - don't know why they got both Metuisela and this bloke but, Sitaleki's brother is going to be a terrific Super Rugby no. 8 in a year or two. That birth date is the one they used earlier in the year when he was in the Tahs pro academy but the Bulldogs had him born in 1990 which is nearer the mark. Again, he doesn't compare to Vaea when you see them on the park together for Southern Districts, but watch this space.

4. Taukeiaho - hardhead THP, mentioned earlier. A good get as they say.

5. Trist - I thought Batger may have got such a spot but he is another good get. Ready to go.

It's good that 4 of these are experienced players who will be ready to run on the park if there are two injuries in their position. The 34 players, plus S. Timani, hopefully, give a good on-paper cover for most positions. The Tahs have done well IMO.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You've got to figure that he either plays a bit this year and does something or they let him go.

He seems to have been a developmental player for several years now.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Am champing at the bit to get out and see the tahs rip it up next season. The team is looking good and I think if we remain relatively injury free we could take this comp by the balls.

I also need to know how many rats tails big Sita's little brother has? If he has 3 you know he's going to be good.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
What has happened to Sipa then? Got released by the Rebels and now hasn't got a gig for the tahs.

He's running out of Super teams to play for, having said that I'd be quite happy to see him at the force.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Am champing at the bit to get out and see the tahs rip it up next season. The team is looking good and I think if we remain relatively injury free we could take this comp by the balls.

I also need to know how many rats tails big Sita's little brother has? If he has 3 you know he's going to be good.

Still searching for the perfect number. It's a fine line between the right number of ratties and Saia Fainga'a.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
With the extra 5 training squad thingy, it says those guys can go to any team if need be, but do they have priority to the team there signed from?

For eg, if the force lose a second rower and take a Tahs guy from. The training squad, if the Tahs then need someone, can they take him back?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
With the extra 5 training squad thingy, it says those guys can go to any team if need be, but do they have priority to the team there signed from? For eg, if the force lose a second rower and take a Tahs guy from. The training squad, if the Tahs then need someone, can they take him back?

I missed that bit, what does it say exactly? I thought it was the national academy that could be cherry picked.

They took him on the tour to SA, IIRC. How Anesi was rated above him I will never know.

I meant to say he wasn't used by the Tahs in 2011, because he was injured for most of it. Strangely, and against the opinions of others, I thought that Sos was handy in a few games and actually showed a bit of pace a couple of times. Yeah, I admit my eyes aren't the best these days.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
With the extra 5 training squad thingy, it says those guys can go to any team if need be, but do they have priority to the team there signed from?

For eg, if the force lose a second rower and take a Tahs guy from. The training squad, if the Tahs then need someone, can they take him back?

I think you're thinking about the academy...

These guys are only playing for the team they're signed to...

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The EPS system is being introduced for the first time in 2012 and will allow each Super Rugby team to have five additional players who will train full time with the 30-man squad, but will only be available for selection if the main squad is affected by injury.
The 25 EPS players across the country are funded by the ARU and the EPS system has been introduced to achieve a greater spread of playing talent through the lever of playing opportunity. Players in the extended squads are able to move between teams in order to take up a position in the core playing squad of another Super Rugby side

- this is the part i was talking about, if the last five announced are training with the Tahs but able to play with other teams, do the Tahs own them and have final say or do they go where there needed.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Thanks - I missed that completely though I looked for it.

You pose and interesting question wj. The wording says "are able" and not "are obliged."

Since the ARU are paying these blokes I'm guessing that they will have some say in the matter. I remember yonks ago that Brett Sheehan was in the Tahs academy at some level and he was released with the understanding that he should return if the Tahs had a spate of injuries. Maybe it's the same with this deal, but maybe not.

Perhaps this could be one of the questions to ask Link - along with the details of the amateur academy thingo.

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
I find it alittle odd that Eastwood were so dominate and their backs so lethal but none of their backs could get any contracts. Im sure Bernard Foley and Nathan Trist are good players but I wouldn't say they have been as damaging as Batger, Grant (i believe he would of stayed in union if offered a contract), Pikula Bennetts. Same apllies with Perret but his problems have been discussed.

Sorry could be Eastwood bias but strange if Waratahs wanted they could fill a all Uni Backline while backline play isnt exactly a hallmark of Sydney University Rugby. BTW Im not saying they are bad players just that Eastwood have been so good and should be rewarded.

T

tranquility

And it begins....

Status
Not open for further replies.