• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheNextBigThing

Douglas, Robinson, McCutcheon, Kepu, Palu? The squad is missing a few experienced heads from this season. I could throw in the ever present Tom Carter, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of Captains who are centres at the moment. The obvious exception being Mortlock.And Stefan Terblanche

All these guys have played under Drew Mitchell and/or Lachie Turner who are already part of the leadership team. They're are clearly the next in line although I agree with your concern over whether an outside back could be an effective captain.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tahs POTY

There you go WJ and BR, seems we aren't the only ones backing the lad.

When I read this, and the quote it was attached to I assumed that Tom Carter had won their player of the year award...

I don't know why anyone would be spluttering into their cornflakes about Beale winning the award?

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Quite the funny:

[video=youtube;5yHBGLrLVrI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yHBGLrLVrI&feature=feedlik[/video]

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
time well spent by the Tahs. That and the take off of the All Blacks skills video shows they can be entertaining. Off the field at least.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I believe that as 'whistle blower' you shouldn't be starting pointless arguments.

I didn't start a pointless argument. I made an observation. And with added stats. QLD scored more tries this year than NSW.

Thank you and good night.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
I am actually not getting involved. It seems stupid that we have this argument at least 30 times per year.

Queensland won.
NSW scored more tries IN THE REGULAR SEASON.

It doesnt matter how many statistics or conclusions you draw, the team you support (and the one you think is better) will ALWAYS depend on your opinion.

Now can we PLEASE have a mature forum, the reason I came here in the first place?

T

TheNextBigThing

When I read this, and the quote it was attached to I assumed that Tom Carter had won their player of the year award...

I don't know why anyone would be spluttering into their cornflakes about Beale winning the award?

Tom Carter won an peer judged award for best on/off the field. That's what might have surprised some, although not many who watched the tahs this season.

T

TOCC

Well to try and put this pointless debate to bed, tries dont exactly translate to entertainment value..
Otherwise the Chiefs 75 - 67 Lions (2010) would be regarded the most entertaining match in the comps history.

T

TheNextBigThing

Not the best example. That was an entertaining game.

2002 Waratahs vs Crusaders
2008 Reds vs Bulls

Not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.