• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
"Few knew how hampered he was by the hamstring injury," said Foley. "He played the international season last year with the hamstring partially detached, and pushed through it," Foley said.

"Not many know that and he would not use it an excuse. He would have liked to put some better performances but despite all the criticism he copped, there aren't too many players out there who would have been able to do that."

that is pretty amazing

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
i agree. but the fact they waited 3 years to operate makes me think the post operative prognosis cannot be all that good: were it otherwise surely he would have had it done either 3 or 2 seasons ago.
It lists Mitchell as ankle: I thought it was a hammy??
watch this space on Elsom - I reckon

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
more likely is that he was advised that it could be "managed" and he could get through the RWC or get the operation and miss the thing

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
It lists Mitchell as ankle: I thought it was a hammy??

I believe that there was some sort of flare up with the ankle that was reported to be delaying his start to the season. It was not clearly spelt out though. The quality of rugby journalism amongst the paid fraternity is not good; particularly they seem to be able to write excellent puff-pieces but totally unable to get detailed info on injury situations. Back a couple of pages I posted a list of questions I wanted answers to, mainly about injuries, and apart from this reference by Foley on Rocky and news that Horne was apparently back in full training, I'm still none the wiser. I can't for the life of me see why this far out from the start of the season its such a big secret.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep Drew mentioned on twitter he had complications with his ankle and had to get into surgery again

Elsom shouldn't be too big a loss as long as Palu stays healthy..

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
Back a couple of pages I posted a list of questions I wanted answers to, mainly about injuries, and apart from this reference by Foley on Rocky and news that Horne was apparently back in full training, I'm still none the wiser. I can't for the life of me see why this far out from the start of the season its such a big secret.

Hawko, did you direct your queries to the club as well as on here? Maybe if enough of us do it as well they might get the hint.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I believe that there was some sort of flare up with the ankle that was reported to be delaying his start to the season. It was not clearly spelt out though. The quality of rugby journalism amongst the paid fraternity is not good; particularly they seem to be able to write excellent puff-pieces but totally unable to get detailed info on injury situations. Back a couple of pages I posted a list of questions I wanted answers to, mainly about injuries, and apart from this reference by Foley on Rocky and news that Horne was apparently back in full training, I'm still none the wiser. I can't for the life of me see why this far out from the start of the season its such a big secret.

I would blame the reporters and their editors. If they don't ask the questions, we don't see the answers, but I expect them to be more active in the next few weeks

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Yep Drew mentioned on twitter he had complications with his ankle and had to get into surgery again

Elsom shouldn't be too big a loss as long as Palu stays healthy..

Now the Tahs have a few repeat injury players on their roster, Palu, Elsom, TPN, Vickerman... all good when they're fit to play...

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
"Rocky and Vicks (lock Daniel Vickerman) won't start in round one," Foley said yesterday. "We are hoping they'll both be back on deck and good to go after the first month of competition." ................................................

............................................. Drew Mitchell (ankle), Benn Robinson (knee), Sekope Kepu (eye) and Wycliff Palu (hamstring) are all "tracking well" and on line to play against the Queensland Reds.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...comeback-delayed/story-fn8ti7yn-1226247131532

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm willing to take a sig bet with any tah fan that at no point during the season they will be able to field a full strength pack of: Fatcat, Kepu, TPN, Vicks, Timani, Elsom, Alcock and Palu.

Condiditons of the bet:
The pack has be the starting pack.
None of them can get injured during the course of the game.
Willing to swap Alcock for another openside if it becomes apparent he is not the first choice 7.

Any takers?

T

TOCC

No point rushing Robinson and Kepu for round 1, better off saving them for round 2 ;)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
No point rushing Robinson and Kepu for round 1, better off saving them for round 2 ;)

I would have thought that the Reds scrum would have welcomed the chance to prove itself against our top front row after last year.:)

N

Newter

So basically these injured players have been doing limited pre-season training, probably made no physical gains, and in fact have probably gone backwards due to muscle wastage. It's almost worth basing all predictions on the assumption that the Tahs will field their 2nd XV for the majority of the season again.

What are the prospects for a team like this:

1. Jeremy Tilse
2. Damien Fitzpatrick
3. Sekope Kepu
4. Sitaleki Timani
5. Kane Douglas
6. Dean Mumm
7. Chris Alcock
8. Dave Dennis
9. Sarel Pretorius
10. Bernard Foley
11. Tom Kingston
12. Tom Carter
13. Pakalani
14. Lachie Turner
15. Adam Ashley-Cooper

I'd say not too bad, overall. You've still got 5 Wallabies in the lineup, and they've all experienced success at Super level except Foley, but the coaches seem to think he's a good prospect. Good, confident young side.

Most likely finish: 6th.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
9. Sarel Pretorius
10. Bernard Foley
11. Tom Kingston
12. Tom Carter
13. Pakalani
14. Lachie Turner
15. Adam Ashley-Cooper

more likely would be