• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
hey man, were not the force, and you cant point the finger at nsw and then worship latham, its one or the other!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
O'K

So next year we are down a winger, so will it be the Rat? or Corey Brown? or some else from Eastwood?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
back three we still have,
turner, mitchell, horne, ratu who can cover,
i would like to think we sign an accademy player or an under 20 to take his place.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I saw Ratu last Saturday playing for Randwick against the Rats.

He was crap. Kicked when he should have ran, and dropped pass after pass. The Coogee Oval faithful gave him the raspberry a few times.

Even if he stays healthy for a period he's going to be a high maintenance project to turn him into a footie player.

Don't go putting his name down to play in the Super14 next year unless there is a marked improvement in his play.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
naza said:
NTA said:
Lindommer said:
there were a few NSWRU alickadoos

Mystery solved - these are the same people who let so much talent slip through in those days.

You are playing off the bench in Subbies 2nds. Time to let go of the bitterness Nick.

You forgot to mention 5th Division. And just for the record: I turned NSW down out of respect for Matt Dunning - you only need one "fattest prop" in each squad...

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
NTA said:
naza said:
NTA said:
Lindommer said:
there were a few NSWRU alickadoos

Mystery solved - these are the same people who let so much talent slip through in those days.

You are playing off the bench in Subbies 2nds. Time to let go of the bitterness Nick.

You forgot to mention 5th Division. And just for the record: I turned NSW down out of respect for Matt Dunning - you only need one "fattest prop" in each squad...

And now that he's been snapped up by the Farce you might want to put in some training instead of hovering over the phone. BYO doughnuts !

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
naza said:
And now that he's been snapped up by the Farce you might want to put in some training instead of hovering over the phone. BYO doughnuts !

How DARE you sir! Chocolate eclairs thanks :yay

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The HSBC Waratahs 2010 Super 14 campaign has received an another boost with the re-signing international prop Sekope Kepu, backrower Ben Mowen and promising hooker Damien Fitzpatrick.
Ben Mowen powers forward.

Having made his Wallaby debut on the 2008 Spring Tour, Sekope Kepu has re-signed with the NSW and Australian Rugby Unions for a further two years and will play his third season with the HSBC Waratahs in 2010.

Mowen joined the HSBC Waratahs at the end of 2007 and has re-committed to the side having made his NSW Super 14 debut in 2009 and playing in all 13 matches this season.

Australian U20s captain Damien Fitzpatrick received his first opportunity at Super 14 level midway through the year when Adam Freier's season ended with a torn biceps, and his Rugby development will continue alongside Freier and Wallaby hooker Tatafu Polota-Nau.

"These are three really significant re-signings for us," said HSBC Waratahs Head Coach Chris Hickey. "Ben Mowen was one of the most improved players in the competition this year, while Damien Fitzpatrick showed at just 19 years of age that he can handle it in the front row at this level.

"Re-signing a prop of Sekope's ability was also extremely important for us. When Al Baxter, Matt Dunning, Sekope and Adam Freier were all out injured at the same time this year, we were blessed to have guys like Fitzy and Dan Palmer to fill the breach - that depth in the front row can't be underestimated in the Super 14.

The signatures of Kepu, Mowen and Fitzpatrick are the latest in a concerted squad retention push by the HSBC Waratahs coaching panel and High Performance Manager, Scott Bowen.

"Keeping a successful core group of players together year on year is really important," said Hickey. "We went into 2009 with a lot of players off-contract at the end of the season, but we've managed to re-sign Phil Waugh, Al Baxter, Rob Horne, Luke Burgess, Dean Mumm, Kurtley Beale, Daniel Halangahu, Tatafu Polota-Nau and Will Caldwell, and now we can add Sekope, Ben and Fitzy."

Josh Holmes has been brought in to take over from Brett Sheehan, while internationals Benn Robinson, Scott Fava, Adam Freier, Wycliff Palu, Timana Tahu and Lachie Turner remain under contract with the 2008 Super 14 runners-up.

"Maintaining a high level of squad retention from a pretty successful team ensures we don't lose a lot of the hard work from 2008 and 2009, and we're hoping a couple of shrewd acquisitions will enable us to progress our game even further," said Hickey. "There's still a couple of vacancies open on the roster and we're doing a lot of work behind the scenes to set ourselves up in the best possible way for 2010."

So Kepu has signed for 2 years. Not clear what the other two have signed for??

It also says that Baxter, Beale, TPN and Caldwell have all re-signed, which I hadn't seen formalised previously.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
On Caldwell, does anyone know what his status is? He hasn't played since the S14 ...................

F

formeropenside

Bugger, would have been nice to see Mowen come home. We could have released Houston back to NSW in return.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I must have missed Josh Holmes re-signing for NSW, seems he's there as a reserve halfback but you'd think he could get a run on at 12 as well...

Aussie D

Bob Davidson (42)
Do the 'tahs really need Fava to hang around for another year. Seems like a dead weight to me...

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
i'ld like to see:
9. bur
10. dan h
11. drew
12. J.holmes
13. R Thorne
14. Turner
15 Beale

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
louie said:
i'ld like to see:
9. bur
10. dan h
11. drew
12. J.holmes
13. R Thorne
14. Turner
15 Beale

Jeez I love him as a player but will Ruben Thorne really complement Holmes in the centres? I would think he would need more of a crash baller inside him to be trully effective at 13.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
more likely will be

9. Burgess
10. Hangers
11. Horne
12. Beale
13. Tahu
14. Turner
15 Mitchell

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Ye Gods and little fishes NOT Mitchell at fullback. I'd rather have Turner there with Horne as the blindside wing for kick returns.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
NTA said:
Ye Gods and little fishes NOT Mitchell at fullback. I'd rather have Turner there with Horne as the blindside wing for kick returns.

Mitchell will be the 15, he was fine there for the Force this year and will improve our counter attack abilities.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
NTA said:
:lmao: Maybe louie means R Horne

lol that i did. i got home typed it. looked at and thought i can't be fucked fixing that my hands are cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.