• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
There is some serious drivel being spouted in this thread o_O

On what possible basis would Folau not be 15? He's just peerless atm, and Mogg is a very clear 2nd atm. Daylight between them and the rest, and KB (Kurtley Beale) needs to be playing at 15 before you can claim he's playing well.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think the backline functions better when AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) isn't outside centre.

Kuridrani, or maybe one day F'Sautia would be my picks.

Has there been a test yet with Cooper, To'omua and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 10, 12, 13?

From memory we either had Kuridrani at 13 or To'omua out injured.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I think barring injury there are only two spots up for grabs in the backline- both wings. Genia, Cooper, To'omua, Kuridrani and Folau should walk in to the side as long as they aren't in horrible form.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Tomane, Cummins, Betham, Speight (later in the year), CFS will compete for those.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Cummins
12. Godwin
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Folau

21. Burgess*
22. Beale
23. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Easy enough. On form, you'd perhaps argue that neither Genia nor Big Tevita would be there but that's based on last year.

* The rationalisation behind Burgess ahead of White and Phipps is pretty simple. I don't view White as a bench SH, I think he has to start to make any sort of impact. What you get from Phipps is a bloke who plays like Genia, without the sand level of kicking, sniping, defence and passing. You'd be better off simply playing Genia for the 80. With Burgess, you get the advantage of being a different type, as well as a greater ability to have an impact off the bench. If it was 2015, and there were no options for a 9/utility, I'd take Burggo, Genia and White.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
Is there a separate thread to discuss a potential XV with non capped players ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's tough, we've capped a lot of players recently

1. Toby Smith
2. Nathan Charles
3. Laurie Weeks
4. Sam Carter
5. Will Skelton
6. Ed Quirk
7. Chris Alcock
8. Jake Schatz
9. Brendan McKibbin
10. Bryce Hegarty
11. Henry Speight
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Mitch Inman
14. Tom English
15. Robbie Coleman

T

tranquility

1. Toby Smith
2. Nathan Charles
3. Laurie Weeks
4. Sam Carter
5. Will Skelton
6. Ed Quirk
7. Chris Alcock
8. Jake Schatz
9. Brendan McKibbin
10. Bryce Hegarty
11. Henry Speight
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Mitch Inman
14. Tom English
15. Robbie Coleman

Good job!

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)

1. Toby Smith
2. Nathan Charles
3. Laurie Weeks
4. Sam Carter
5. Will Skelton
6. Ed Quirk
7. Chris Alcock
8. Jake Schatz
9. Brendan McKibbin
10. Bryce Hegarty
11. Henry Speight
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Mitch Inman
14. Tom English
15. Robbie Coleman

Is Hegarty not foreign ?

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
i'd like to formally apologise for starting the whole Beale at 15 thing. it was a typo. i meant to say Folau is a lock in. #drama

I would love to see them both on the field at the same time though hehe

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Cummins
12. Godwin
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Folau

21. Burgess*
22. Beale

Easy enough. On form, you'd perhaps argue that neither Genia nor Big Tevita would be there but that's based on last year.

* The rationalisation behind Burgess ahead of White and Phipps is pretty simple. I don't view White as a bench SH, I think he has to start to make any sort of impact. What you get from Phipps is a bloke who plays like Genia, without the sand level of kicking, sniping, defence and passing. You'd be better off simply playing Genia for the 80. With Burgess, you get the advantage of being a different type, as well as a greater ability to have an impact off the bench. If it was 2015, and there were no options for a 9/utility, I'd take Burggo, Genia and White.

Kuridrani has been good this season, dont know why you say he isnt in form.. couple of tries some big hits and runs..

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Cummins
12. Godwin
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Folau

21. Burgess*
22. Beale

Godwin before To'omua, you've gotta be serious. Not a chance.
If someone us under pressure it would be Genia, IMO it is his combination with QC (Quade Cooper) that is keeping him in there by the skin of his chin.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Here's My backline barring injury

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Cummins
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. Speight
15. Folau

My only concern is not having a good kicker in the back 3 or really a good play maker. You have 3 players who could counter attack brilliantly but when your under the pump having a Mogg type boot to punt it with interest is worth while.

And really with this team you only have 2 kickers in the team. Maybe an option (won't happen though as his not a winger) is Lealiifano on one of the wings as a back up kicker, someone who's a play maker at the back and is strong in defence.

Also could swap 2 dads for Cummins to get a alright kicker back there.

T

Train Without a Station

I think barring injury there are only two spots up for grabs in the backline- both wings. Genia, Cooper, To'omua, Kuridrani and Folau should walk in to the side as long as they aren't in horrible form.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Tomane, Cummins, Betham, Speight (later in the year), CFS will compete for those.

Get fucked Barbarian. Absolutely no place for these types of logical, and rational comments which haven't cherry picked a single "one off" performance as a point of reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.