• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Believe the boys are in beautiful downtown Dubbo for most of the week. I think he NSW players join them on Wednesday - hopefully they will be sober by then.

Great to see the ARU heading to the bush and giving something back to the many country supporters.

It'll be freezing out there.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Dubbo today, Orange tomrrow, Bathurst Wed & Thu with a big dinner on Wed night..yes, the NSW players join them at Bathurst

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Ok this is for the dinner on Wed night:
http://www.rugby.com.au/hospitality/Events/Bush2BledisloeDinner.pdf

The training run is at Ashwood Park, Hereford St from 2.30-4.30 on Thurs arvo..see you there maybe! Not doing the dinner though.

The full squad and the Cup will be on show.

cheers KOB. Yep, the dinner does not interest me much but will certainly pop over in the arvo.

Boofy bearded guy with no teeth, bit like the wild man from borneo. Shall keep my eyes peeled for a dapper sepia tinted guy wearing a very old rugby uniform!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
White still, boot comes into play more with Test rugby.

White will start because he has the overall game suited to test match rugby despite your preconceptions. You single him out as the heart of Jakeball - a blight on rugby - but don't acknowledge his part in the Chiefs 1/4 final or the Force rout preceding the Tahs game.

Fact is, his kicking game is better, and the difference in Phipps' and White's running and passing game is marginal at best. We have to exit our half in test rugby someway other than running it so it will be no surprise if White starts.

But don't your souls cry out against this injustice? If we can win a game without kicking so much pill away, we can change the landscape!

And we can't win a kicking duel with the ABs or Boks anyway, so let's just put the bastards to the sword the old fashioned, Aussie way: ball in hand.

We played exit rugby in Melbourne against the French and it was fucking shite. I don't want that again, not after the Tahs have worked so hard to deliver us from Jakeball.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Correct. Judicious use of the boot will always be required, but the Wallabies are always a better side with a ball in hand strategy that is well executed.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
I just think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is way to good to not be playing 13 for the Wallabies. Kuridrani is reliable and played well in the semi but AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is a class above and in great form. The lack of depth on the wing is the only thing holding us back. Imagine Speight on one wing and Digby on the other. Or even JOC (James O'Connor).

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I'm totally with you on that, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) needs to be at 13 and the Wallabies need him there..Kuridrani has been mediocre this year. It's not depth we are lacking on the wing, just inexperience..

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The one thing that was really re-enforced on Saturday night was if you kick to a good Kiwi side make sure you have a shit hot chase to a contestable kick.

When Foley found grass we looked OK, when they were given a simple catch with little effective pressure, it was sphincter clenching.

I don't know what the wobs game plan will be, but shit, we don't want to get into a kicking contest that allows them the space to attack.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
If we are going to go back to the classic Wallabies way of ball in hand attacking rugby then that just strengthens the argument of putting Beale on the wing..the only ways the AB's can target him as a weakness defensively are 1) to run men at him on a narrow blind side attack, and you'd think Fardy and Palu might help out there, or 2) to keep putting bombs up at him, but that's risky with Folau hanging around there as well..

T

Train Without a Station

Probably Saia. Basically the only fit hooker left other than Latu really.

Brumbies were on about their 4th choice with Mann-Rea and he's injured anyway.

Rebels first choice is playing for Japan.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Probably Saia. Basically the only fit hooker left other than Latu really.

Brumbies were on about their 4th choice with Mann-Rea and he's injured anyway.

Rebels first choice is playing for Japan.
Yeah I'd say it'll definitely be Saia. Tessman and Leafa are the only other options with any experience. Hopefully we won't need to bring anymore hookers into the squad, cupboard is looking pretty bare.

JT0406

Allen Oxlade (6)
Saia sounds like the obvious choice given the limited caps between Charles & Hanson and his past experience in the squad.

Gee, it does look very slim and after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.