• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Yep, good combo indeed. Foley will bring something different, but the option of To'omua taking some 1st receiver is always a good thing.
Link intimated that Foley would have been in the squad regardless of Cooper's fitness, so he obviously sees something in his play that he likes.
Of course he would have.. I do expect though Cooper would have started..

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Rodney Blake was a useless fat fuck.

Skelton probably needs another year to be a starting test player but don't question his hunger or commitment. Link isn't.

There's no doubt that he needs another 12 months at least, you might be able to hide his fitness levels at super rugby level, but having a starting test player who can barely play 60min is a massive liability.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
There's no doubt that he needs another 12 months at least, you might be able to hide his fitness levels at super rugby level, but having a starting test player who can barely play 60min is a massive liability.

Yeah, I expect him to watch and learn; and maybe get 15-20 minutes

Then a bit more in November, the guy is still in his fully first pro season so he will get better with more work

But his work so far for Tahs this season has earned him a spot, he makes things happens

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If we're 2-0 going into the 3rd I expect the following changes:

-No changes to the starting front row (they need to build time together)
-Skelton and Jones to come in for Carter and Horwill
-Higginbotham to replace Palu
-Possibly Hodgson to replace Hooper
-Genia back
-Would keep the rest of the backline together

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's why I kept the front row and whole backline? The rest aren't really a combination. It's important to see what Jones, Higginbotham, Genia, Hodgson and Skelton are capable of before The Rugby Championship.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Feel sorry for Squeaky Moore in his first match as the skipper. Seems like a medial ligament tear:

"It's definitely a medial injury, what level I don't know, and the scans will tell us that, hopefully it's not more than that. With a slightly older guy everything's a bit more loose, but the scans will tell us more."​
-- Link

If he is in pain that might be a better sign for him—could mean it's a Grade I or II which might be around 6 weeks rehab. It it's a Grade III tear it could be 3 or 4 months out.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
If we're 2-0 going into the 3rd I expect the following changes:

-No changes to the starting front row (they need to build time together)
-Skelton and Jones to come in for Carter and Horwill
-Higginbotham to replace Palu
-Possibly Hodgson to replace Hooper
-Genia back
-Would keep the rest of the backline together

Leave starting side all together (aside for TPN for squeak)

Benny A and Sio - Cowan and Ryan
Skelton - Horwill
Genia - phipps
Higgers - Mcallman

Status
Not open for further replies.