• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
boourns.gif

Stephen Moore to Michael Hooper: "Are they saying Boo or Boo-urns?"

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
There'll be a few that boo him. There'll be most that don't. There'll quite a few who are wondering why someone is booing the baldy man wearing yellow. There'll be a swath of hypocrites on forums like this one ready to deride *all* the Queensland fans for *all* booing the the captain.

When Moore stands on the winners podium (and he will), he will be cheered with all the fervour of the inebriated and his past sins will have been forgiven and forgotten and he will once again be loved (until he returns wearing blue, yellow and white - when he will once gain become a comic book villain).

And yet the suncorp stadium will still have more life in it than any of the other stadiums put together - because for all your derision (and often snidey comments), we are simple folk who love footy and realise that we are part of the game and enjoy being part of it.

Until you guys realise that, you can have your little library atmosphere down in Sydney with the regular groups of "shushers".

(I'll be cheering him, my wife will be cheering him and the two wives of the guys that sit nearest to us will cheer the opposition team when they score because they still think that the team running towards the northern end is the home team irrespective of the coloured jersey they wear- I shit you not).

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Will pulled out just the performance necessary to justify his starting position Friday night. Which is why I don't want him to start. Strengthens my impression that he was the Red more interested in his Wallabies aspirations than the Reds.

I have to disagree with this. Not the idea that he should be on the bench, I agree there.

But Genia was playing his 100th QLD cap on the weekend, his forwards were performing a million times better and the whole team looked the best it has since the first round against the brumbies. I think its unfair to say, especially after he'd already made the squad, that his sudden lift in form was because he was scared of losing the 9 jersey.

Still: White, Foley, Cummins, To'omua, Kuridrani, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Folau for my run on backline

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
There'll be a few that boo him. There'll be most that don't. There'll quite a few who are wondering why someone is booing the baldy man wearing yellow. There'll be a swath of hypocrites on forums like this one ready to deride *all* the Queensland fans for *all* booing the the captain.

When Moore stands on the winners podium (and he will), he will be cheered with all the fervour of the inebriated and his past sins will have been forgiven and forgotten and he will once again be loved (until he returns wearing blue, yellow and white - when he will once gain become a comic book villain).

And yet the suncorp stadium will still have more life in it than any of the other stadiums put together - because for all your derision (and often snidey comments), we are simple folk who love footy and realise that we are part of the game and enjoy being part of it.

Until you guys realise that, you can have your little library atmosphere down in Sydney with the regular groups of "shushers".

(I'll be cheering him, my wife will be cheering him and the two wives of the guys that sit nearest to us will cheer the opposition team when they score because they still think that the team running towards the northern end is the home team irrespective of the coloured jersey they wear- I shit you not).
Good to see the siege mentality is alive and well. ;) Just remember to shift the chip from shoulder to shoulder from time to time. :D
Of course, much of what you say is right - Suncorp is the best place to watch rugby in Oz that I've been to, and that's probably why I try to get up there at least once a year for something. The SFS used to be good, when the Tahs used to get 30-35K and the crowd made some bloody noise - maybe we'll see it again if the Tahs keep improving. At least the French Test will be there, in the arvo, and hopefully close to full house. That'll be something nice to see and hear.
Don't mistake anyone's comments as stating they're happy with the SFS atmosphere - I don't know anyone that likes the shushers and book monitors.

Reactions: gel

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Moore was my preferred skipper and was concerned with all the hype surrounding hooper being skipper leading up to the announcement. must surely mean hodgo is starting ahead of hooper then!! :p

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Genia reportedly dumped and out of the matchday 23 entirely.

Will be interesting to see Genia's reaction if true.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Whoa. With that said, it's hard to argue against Phipps' inclusion based on his last couple of weeks with the Tahs, which have been superb. White has continued to improve and would be a worthy starter.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Keen to see Phipps open up the game in the last 15-10, especially considering his super fast service at the ruck and running game. Him and Beale could be absolutely lethal together against a tired forward pack around the ruck. I think he will do a great job and to some extent it makes me more excited to see what the wobs will be capable of towards the end of the match.

Will Genia will be back, too much class not to return to form in the near future. He is the casualty of an under performing Super Rugby Side, and that is exactly how it should be. I still maintain he is one of the greatest Half Backs the world has ever seen, but he's in a form slump and it needs to be corrected.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Im amazed that McKenzie would leave out Genia altogether in favour of Phipps on the bench. Phipp's performance history for the wallabies has been average at best. Genia has had so many man of the match performances at Suncorp. I can understand benching him but fuck.

Also one thing that story does suggest to me is that Horwill is in the 23, or surely whichever journo was leaked the teamsheet would have also written about Horwill missing out

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I never thought I would be content, even approving of the decision to include Phipps. I have been a critic of Phipps in the past but he has come on leaps and bounds this year and acquired some consistency.

His kicking is sketchy and passing still a little erratic, but he deserves his position in the team, as does Nic White.

I just hope Genia improves sooner rather than later and forces his way back into the team, because when he is on song, he's far and away the best scrumhalf we have.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Congrats to Squeaky and his lieutenants, surprised given he hasnt been outstanding and his tenure at hooker particularly in the last two year has not been exactly leading nor decisive but sometimes when thrust into the limelight you grow an extra arm and leg... #GrowCaptSqueakGrow hehe

White certainly deserves first dibs at hb but both he and Phibbs, if riding pine, are extremely suspect under pressure, and only Genia is somewhat proven or atleast a known entity, who has performed well under scrutiny and an underperforming Reds outfits is perhap not indicative of that. Although, White and Phibbs are capable to harness that trait, with more time. Carn Wobs, Lets go Darkness #Antipodeansupremacy

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
phipps still throws some shocking passes on occasions but for the most part he moves it pretty fast and is probably the best defensive 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.