• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby Outside Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Scotty, I respect your opinion on these matters, but we can't go back to Morts now. He's just too slow these days, even though I know he would give 150% out there. Great player though.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Might not be the worst player to have in the squad as cover though. Definitely feel better about taking Morty than Inman.

That said, I think Gerrard has to go -- for that wet and windy dogs breakfast game that Lee was talking about.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Wallabies RWC 13 will be Digby or AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) outside other that to spread the tournament load Lachie Turner for squad versatility...

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I hope Lachie Turner never sees a Wallabies jersey again. Always makes the wrong decision. I would much much much rather Morahan...

If A Finger can play out of his skin this weekend and stop the SBW offload then I think you take him in the centres. If he doesn't then I think you have to take Mortlock to the WC...

Ioane is a must but he never passes and is the best finisher we have at the moment, leave him in his wing spot where he is world class.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I hope Lachie Turner never sees a Wallabies jersey again.

Selection is one thing, but wishing blindness upon a player? That's a dog act.

But seriously, Turner probably should go with the squad, but he's not first or second choice anymore.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just for you, MA. Let's try again.

Selection is one thing, but wishing blindness upon a player? That's a dog act.
smiley-wink.jpg

But seriously, Turner probably should go with the squad, but he's not first or second choice anymore.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Im not wishing harm to the player. I just dont rate him, and for that reason, I don't want him in the team.

Why SHOULD he go sorry?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Im not wishing harm to the player. I just dont rate him, and for that reason, I don't want him in the team.

Why SHOULD he go sorry?

Because he's in the top 3 wingers in this country. Drew excluded.

Also you've selected Mortlock, have you seen the Rebels past 2 games in South Africa by any chance?

M

Maroon Army

Go back and reread your intial post Joe Mac. I didn't see it at first, either.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Morahan needs to get more involved for me. He doesn't go looking for the ball enough and sometimes you struggle to see him in games. His finishing has been good, when he gets it in space. Would love to see Morahan actually looking for the ball more.

The best we have in that regard are, funnily enough, Mithell and Ioane.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Morahan needs to get more involved for me. He doesn't go looking for the ball enough and sometimes you struggle to see him in games. His finishing has been good, when he gets it in space. Would love to see Morahan actually looking for the ball more.

I think that's because Digby Ioane does that for the Reds, no point in having two roving wingers. But he does need to RECIEVE the ball a bit more

Scotty

David Codey (61)

The best we have in that regard are, funnily enough, Mithell and Ioane.

On both form and potential I would have morahan over turner (as a wing).

Morahan could end up at 13. He certainly has the size for it.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i dont think morahan will get a look in, iaone and mitchell for the wings, if mitchell is out then JOC (James O'Connor) stays on the wing.

A.fnger is not international stadard, great for the reds but he is not a wallaby.

Status
Not open for further replies.