• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I know what you mean, and I agree with you - mostly. I just had a look at how fast he actually was, and I saw that he runs 10.06 m/s, which I make to be approximately a 10.6 second 100 m time.

For relativity's sake, Lachie Turner was crowned Australia's fastest footy player at an event in 2010, and he ran a 11.1

Even more impressive is the fact that Carlin Isles, the US 7s player who is the "worlds fastest rugby player" runs a 10.58 100 m time.

This guy can also boot the absolute shit out of a footy.

I could waste another 20 minutes of my life looking up how quick the other wingers are, but I know they aren't that close to that.

Sorry to labour the point, but I didn't know he was that fast..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol I though t he showed it by smoking Digby and O'Connor .. he probably not a 10.6 100 metres

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I'm not saying it should happen but Mogg at fb with izzy and speight could be our best combination. Folue will never be our best ever fullback till he can kick tactically. .

Why would you kick posession of the ball away 'tactically' if you are beating the first defender on the counter more often then not. he has shown for tahs and wallabies that he can kick out of trouble.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Pick Mogg IF he is the best - ATM he is a long way off. His only rea; position is 15. There are plenty of quality wingers tried and proven.

when he played for the Wallabies he just seemed tyo be overwhelmed.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
People premature to write off Horwill. The bloke had a form slump but he isn't down and out for the count.

On the internet it only takes one bad game to make it seem like the rest of your career never existed and it's time for retirement.

Meanwhile, 20 quality minutes of Super Rugby and you're destined to walk into the Wallabies starting XV next season.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Pick Mogg IF he is the best - ATM he is a long way off. His only rea; position is 15. There are plenty of quality wingers tried and proven.

when he played for the Wallabies he just seemed tyo be overwhelmed.
Not really in the lions he was good. . Struggled. Against the all blacks but then again To'omua did as well plus the rest of the team. .

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Mogg needs an extraordinary season to take the fullback position, even then he still needs to prove himself at test level which he hasn't done.

I think there is more of a chance that KB (Kurtley Beale) will take the fullback jersey before Mogg does anyway.
Of course izzy is the best 15. But Mogg is a good backup and lets give him a chsnce before the world cup.

KB (Kurtley Beale) as well..

Wouldnt it be nice to have 3 world class 15's come the cup.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Izzy's ability under the high ball puts him leagues ahead of the rest at fullback. Last season Mogg reminded me of a young Latham. His best years are yet to come. He's not quite the dominant football that Folau is.

I agree. But Moggy was carrying injuries during TRC last year. Expect him to show improvement this year, especially in defence.

T

Train Without a Station

Hopefully the ARU can ensure my best 15 are fit and available:

1. Jeremy Tilse
2. John Ulugia
3. Selasi Ma'afu
4. Dean Mumm
5. Mark Chisholm
6. Mitch Chapman
7. Julian Salvi
8. Dave Dennis
9. Josh Valentine
10. Sam Norton Knight
11. Fancis Fanifo
12. Sam Harris
13. Matt Carraro
14. Nermani Nadalo (sp)
15. Mark Bartholomuz

I think with this squad we've clearly got the best mix of experienced test players in Ma'Afu, Mumm, Chisholm, Dennis, Valentine, SNK and Bart.

Bit of youth with Salvi and Fanifo, some X factor with Nadalo (sp) and some graft with Tilse, Ulugia, Chapman, Harris and Carraro.

Can't go wrong.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)

1. Jeremy Tilse
2. John Ulugia
3. Selasi Ma'afu
4. Dean Mumm
5. Mark Chisholm
6. Mitch Chapman
7. Julian Salvi
8. Dave Dennis
9. Josh Valentine
10. Sam Norton Knight
11. Fancis Fanifo
12. Sam Harris
13. Matt Carraro
14. Nermani Nadalo (sp)
15. Mark Bartholomuz

I think with this squad we've clearly got the best mix of experienced test players in Ma'Afu, Mumm, Chisholm, Dennis, Valentine, SNK and Bart.

Bit of youth with Salvi and Fanifo, some X factor with Nadalo (sp) and some graft with Tilse, Ulugia, Chapman, Harris and Carraro.

Can't go wrong.
I wouldnt pick Tilse in a toungue and cheek team he is that bad.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)

1. Jeremy Tilse
2. John Ulugia
3. Selasi Ma'afu
4. Dean Mumm
5. Mark Chisholm
6. Mitch Chapman
7. Julian Salvi
8. Dave Dennis
9. Josh Valentine
10. Sam Norton Knight
11. Fancis Fanifo
12. Sam Harris
13. Matt Carraro
14. Nermani Nadalo (sp)
15. Mark Bartholomuz

Can't go wrong.

Needs more James Hilgendorf and Rodney Blake.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Look if I got to pick my team it would be somthing sad like this

1 Sio 2 Moore 3Alexander
4 Carter 5 Horwill
6 Fardy 8Mowen 7Poecock
9Genia
10 Leo or Cooper (probably Cooper first by a none tosser vote.. for now)
11Speight
12 To'omua
13 Kirduranisidfasfasfas
14 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or Mogg
15 Izzy

Can you tell Im a brumbies fan :)

You must have tossed & turned all last night to admit to that.
Glad that you have seen the light my son:rolleyes: .

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
My 2015 RWC 23

1 Robinson
2 Moore
3 Slipper
4 Pyle
5 Horwill
6 Fardy
7 Pocock
8 Higgers

9 Genia
10 Cooper
11 Cummins
12 Godwin
13 Tevita
14 Speight
15 Izzy

16 TPN
17 Sio
18 Kepu
19 Jones
20 Hooper
21 White
22 Tomua
23 Tomane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a bad call, but I'd definitely have JOC (James O'Connor) in before Cummins any day of the week:eek: .

Status
Not open for further replies.