• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Inman has to be a dark horse for that 13 jersey. His playing great at the the moment and is so dangerous when he hits the line that hard.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Stranger things have happened. I do recall Inman being brought over for the November tests by Deans. 12. McCabe 13. Inman centre pairing come June?

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
Higginbotham made a big statement today against the Crusaders.

Was great to see Higgers finally coming into some form at the Rebels. I have to say the 6 jersey for the Wallabies is becoming very interesting now.
-MMM has more aggression than the other two, but otherwise is not quite as skilful in general
-Mowen is Mr Reliable. Cool head and is a good lineout tactician
-Higgers has more x-factor and ball running ability

For mine, Mowen to start, Higgenbotham as 6/8 cover on the bench to bring on when the game opens up later on.

O'connor showed what we already knew... he's devastating in a bit of space and in broken play. Personally I'd have him on the wing but you could make an argument for him at fullback or 12.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
That was JOC (James O'Connor)'s most complete game at 10 this year. Positioning and distribution both good, no ball-hogging.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
That was JOC (James O'Connor)'s most complete game at 10 this year. Positioning and distribution both good, no ball-hogging.
Indeed. I wish he's had more responsibility for the line kicking et al - Woodward looked a bit nervous at times.

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)

Agree, he did a very good job there. This is a tricky conundrum. I see him a bit like a modern day Giteau. Does a decent-to-good job in 10 because he has the vision to see where the opportunities out wide and where the ball needs to go. However, comparatively I think he's even better when he's the one taking the opportunities out wide himself.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
The way the tahs' lineout went on the weekend hurt the chances of Dennis, Douglas, TPN and Timani.
On the other-hand Higgers looks to have reminded selectors he's a good option at 6.

In terms of the no.6 pecking order I'd say its 1)Mowen 2)Higgers 3)Denns. I'd prefer MMM at lock or on the bench.

My team currently

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Slipper
4. Horwill
5. Douglas / MMM
6. Mowen / Higgers
7. Smith
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Ioane / Tomane
12. Lilo/ Taps
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) / McCabe
14 Folau
15. O'Connor

16. TPN
17. Alexander
18. Palmer
19. MMM
20. Gill / Hooper
21. White
22. Mogg / Beale
23. Taps / Mccabe

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)

He made a good fist of it when playing the 10 role, but I thought his best touches came when he was playing in the wider channel with a bit more space and less organised defence.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
1. Robinsoon
2. Moore
3. Slipper
4. Simmons
5. Horwill
6. Higginbotham/Mowen
7. Gill
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Ioane
12. Lealiifano
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. JOC (James O'Connor)
15. Mogg

16. Hanson
17. Alexander
18. Palmer
19. MMM
20. Smith
21. White
22. McCabe
23. Tomane

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
He made a good fist of it when playing the 10 role, but I thought his best touches came when he was playing in the wider channel with a bit more space and less organised defence.

o_O so like cooper is better from the back on counter

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

Agree. Woodward played first receiver a number of times and I think that contributed to JO'C's better game.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I really do not want to see JOC (James O'Connor) at 10. His first instinct is to run and step, which he can do to devastating effect. It is not to organize the backs or to distribute. I would have him at 15 or on the right wing. He is clearly not even close to being the form Aussie 10 and he has limited test experience there.

Cooper has to be the 10, for mine. I wasn't convinced at the start of the season, but he's playing good rugby and, most importantly, showing improved decision-making.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Both Beale and O'Connor shouldn't be picked for the Wallabies' #10. O'Connor should start on the wing and like Digby, seek out the ball and back himself to beat the man in front of him.

I reckon the ABs are the only team in the world who don't respect Cooper. His unorthodox approach against the staid NH teams has them 2nd guessing and holding the defensive line for his outside players.

Genia, Cooper, Lilo would be a gun 9,10,12 lineup, all of whom are sharp ball players and present a running threat.

Beale shouldn't assume a bench spot, let alone a starting jersey.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
He's really no where in the mix.. Behind AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Fainga'a, Tapuai, Horne, McCabe. I'd also give Kuridrani a look in before him.

behind AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), McCabe and Kuridrani maybe. Fainga'a - don't think he's better than inman this year. horne is showing he is a 12 and definitely not a 13 and tapuai is a much better 12 than 13 also.

plus all those other 13's are playing outside a half decent or very good 12. he is stuck outside sidey at the moment!

T

TOCC

behind AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), McCabe and Kuridrani maybe. Fainga'a - don't think he's better than inman this year. horne is showing he is a 12 and definitely not a 13 and tapuai is a much better 12 than 13 also.

plus all those other 13's are playing outside a half decent or very good 12. he is stuck outside sidey at the moment!

Fainga'a, McCabe and Horne have runs on the board and offer more in defence then Inman does... For a big bloke Inman really should be offering a lot more.

I don't see him coming not selection unless AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Fainga'a and McCabe get injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.