• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies vs Wales, Sunday Dec 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
where are we going to find room at 10 and 12 for barnes, cooper and o'connor? Good problem to have i suppose

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Simmons is very very lazy got penalised for lazy running being offside. Sharpe made an immediate impact when he came on. I think wykes needs to be given a chance next year.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So why was Halfpenny yellow carded for making a legal tackle? Timed it as soon as O'Connor touched the ball.

Kaplan cost Wales big time.

Also Gatland should look at the Leicester vs Northampton game for some tactical advice.

Tom Wood was given a red after 13 minutes, they took off a winger and replaced him with a backrower so they were only down a winger and not a 7. Should've happened in the semi-final.

F

François

Seen the replay ? O'Connor's hands were not on the ball.. He did touch it, but with his leg as he was being taken down. In my opinion the right call was yellow card + penalty try as there was no one standing between JOC (James O'Connor) and the try line.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't think it matters if he didn't play at the ball (a league thing) his body touched the ball and anyway how was Halfpenny suppose to know he didn't grab since he was behind him? You can't fault Halfpenny there.

B

BRIX

Doesn't matter IMO. I felt Wales were lucky not to get 2 yellows for the 2 cynnical knock downs, and another one for ruck infringments. On another note Shane Williams is an absolute legend. Not only did he do Wales and his family proud but the whole world rugby fraternity proud as well. A great man and an inspiration.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sam Warburton had all rights to the ball in the one you're referring to, had daylight and on his feet the whole time.

B

BRIX

Just watching the replay now Qwerty (28:39), more than happy to concede but I felt the ruck had already been formed whilst Wales were on the back foot. Doesn't hash out the other 2 knockdowns that should have been carded though lol. Berrick Barnes was immense tonight - great game, along with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) & Lachie Turnip. Anyone else spot JOC (James O'Connor)'s change of technique? 1st kick from out front was a shocker but he came good toward the end there, didn't he.

Da Munch

Chris McKivat (8)
How come we get Kaplan as a referee? he is the worst ref in the world for the Wannas, 3 yellows that were just ignored and the video ref chimes in to help him as well. The scrum penalties I'll leave to Baxter's advice, that there were four questionable ones in the first half.

How come NZ can get rid of refs and we can't, BL and Kaplan should never again have the pleasure of reffing the Wannas.

Anyway good second half from the Wallabies and was also good to see Wales come back in the end when I thought the Wallabies were going to start stacking the points on.

Da Munch

Chris McKivat (8)
Oh and how bloody good is SBS, big thanks to you guys.

And to Channel 9 here is why; no commercials while play was on, no league commentators, played in HD, ...

Wonder how we could encourage SBS to get free to air rugby off Channel 9 (who have the next world cup)?

Status
Not open for further replies.