• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies vs Wales, Sunday Dec 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Oh and how bloody good is SBS, big thanks to you guys.

And to Channel 9 here is why; no commercials while play was on, no league commentators, played in HD, ...

Wonder how we could encourage SBS to get free to air rugby off Channel 9 (who have the next world cup)?

It was great to watch the game on FTA without breaking for an ad every time there was a stoppage. Even though rugby isn't a sport he usually presents, Mike Tomalaris was pretty good as host. As Nine have the domestic Wallabies Tests (and 2015 RWC) sewn up, here's hoping SBS present future spring tours on FTA.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
Thanks. TV Guide on the old iPhone doesnt have it. It says Speedweek and then AlJezeera news

Goddess

Stan Wickham (3)
It was great to watch the game on FTA without breaking for an ad every time there was a stoppage. Even though rugby isn't a sport he usually presents, Mike Tomalaris was pretty good as host. As Nine have the domestic Wallabies Tests (and 2015 RWC) sewn up, here's hoping SBS present future spring tours on FTA.

Agreed. Mike did a sterling job and the Burke/Baxter combo worked well. I would have liked to see Sam Ikin putting in his two cents worth as well.

For those of you who love Sam's "Poorly Thought Through (Rugby)", you can let SBS know how much you enjoy it by emailing comments@sbs.com.au

If enough people email them, they might do something about giving us more. It'll only take 5 minutes of your time.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
It was poor form for Foxsports to cut the post-match interview with Shane Williams to return to the studio. SBS showed it.

Why, Moses?

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Good win for Wallabies, nice way to finish the international season off. Barnes was easily MOM, not sure how Digby got that one...

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Lots of super rugby to be played between now and the naming of the next Wallaby side.

Any news on Horne? I hope for the blokes sake his scratching was just a precaution.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
where are we going to find room at 10 and 12 for barnes, cooper and o'connor? Good problem to have i suppose

It's a really easy problem, you pick Berrick. Then you ask JOC (James O'Connor) or Quade to commit to the ARU through the next world cup, on will answer yes, the other will "back himself" and sign for a year thus becoming expendable

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Good win for Wallabies, nice way to finish the international season off. Barnes was easily MOM, not sure how Digby got that one...

Reward for signing and staying in Aus.

Barnes was very good. Though it's become easy to take Digby for granted, he works hard and makes the yards that no one else can, repeatedly.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
He was sea gulling in the first ten minutes. I don't have an issue with. Is work in tight, he is solid, but he needs to do It more consistently or be dropped.

I thought Higgers was up there with having one of the highest defensive work rates? Maybe it was my Red-coloured glasses, but I constantly saw him making tackles and supporting in the breaks!

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Agree on Digby, He always get us on the front foot. Would have to be the worlds best winger at the moment.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought Higgers was up there with having one of the highest defensive work rates? Maybe it was my Red-coloured glasses, but I constantly saw him making tackles and supporting in the breaks!

That would have to be a first?

If it were true...

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
I'm well and truly gutted, Not because we lost, but the manner of the lose, I stated in a prievious post that I wouldnt mind the lose if we performed, well the performance was abysmal, No Hwyl it seemed as if both teams didn't want to be there, Australia never played well, but still beat us at a canter, Scott Andrews had a stinker, Cant get in the Cardiff blues side yet is picked for Wales, strange one that.
I have seen so many false dawns I should have expected nothing less, But I suppose even the most one eyed supporter lives in hope.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
So why was Halfpenny yellow carded for making a legal tackle? Timed it as soon as O'Connor touched the ball.

Kaplan cost Wales big time.

Also Gatland should look at the Leicester vs Northampton game for some tactical advice.

Tom Wood was given a red after 13 minutes, they took off a winger and replaced him with a backrower so they were only down a winger and not a 7. Should've happened in the semi-final.
Some calls go for you others don't I have no problem with the yellow card it wasn't the reason we lost, As for Gatland many here think he's not the man to take us further, others think differently of course.
As for the semi final we only took one 7 with us, but another backrower would have sufficed. The best Coaches innovate the rest just trundle along. Gatland belongs to the latter.
Nick Mallett is going to take the head coaches job for England, I believe Mallett to be a top coach, if anyone can turn England around he will.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Ok I'm not adverse to a bit of ref bashing. But I've been trying to keep it in check.

That said - I can't understand about 50% of those penalties. Some very odd interpretation there. I hope Pocock is ok and he was just subbed because Kaplan can't understand rucks.

M

machiavelli

I posted this in a Welsh Forum this am (I'm new to this Forum, I'm Welsh but long time living in France, forgive majority Welsh interest in the post !)

certainly a game too far in my opinion and it should be remembered that Aus had some very key players missing too..

Some things learned and others just repeated ?

-Wales still lack 'nous', Aus gave a lesson on how to calmly execute a 14 man opposition. We seem to play inconsistently during matches and that isn't good enough at the top?

-North is a HUGE prospect but there are signs that the opposition are now video cute and are containing him ?

-Lloyd Williams although promising ain't there yet by some chalk ?

-We all know we've got tight head probs and it's also obvious that Aus are improving their scrums .. not just yesterday against 'weak' opposition but the signs were there in the W Cup too ?

-Roberts is an excellent weapon but needs the surrouinds to exercise the potential otherwise he becomes a penetrating runner without effective subsequent phases advantage

-I was pleased to see Evans back to form .. he was very evident and bolstered the lineout well.

-Mathew Rees, imo, showed he's No1 hooker and Gethin was his usual excellence although scrummaging his least attribute ?

-Faletau/Warbs/Faletau continue to exert and display their capability and for, hopefully, a long time to come.

-Ryan Jones now in his best role ... bench.

-Unit and team wise .. I don't think the Wales backline fulfills potential ...

-If and when we string victories against the best we may go somewhere, until we do there'll be the question mark ..? I'm not convinced that the W Cup marker will be continued the upcoming 6Ns will confirm/deny..

Aus, they have multiple talents and I still rate them No2 in the world ..they'll go away have a 6 wk rest and re form .. they have nous .. the most difficult thing to Coach and something Wales don't have yet ... and it's a must ..

Status
Not open for further replies.