• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies vs Wales - Suncorp Stadium June 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I think the ease of the win raises awkward questions about the Wallabies. I reckon sides like South Africa, England Scotland, even Italy always have a shot against the Wallabies because they play such a hard forward-dominated game.

Wales play our perfect game plan. They love the running game, and we're just slightly better at it. It's like a SuperRugby game.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Great game, solid performances across for the field and they probably all deserve a mention. Genia was immense, capitalising on the foundations layed by the pigs.

The reserves all added something - How good was Hooper, I thought it was JOC (James O'Connor) who had come on.

Want to see a better performance next time though. We could have had Wales out of the game by taking mroe of our opportunities in the first half.

Special mention to Berrick, his best game in 2012 and I am eating my own bitter words.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Hooper brings fantastic energy. And he's so effective carrying, drives through traffic, can really turn momentum.

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Huge effort from the Wallabies,with half the team having to back-up from tuesday's test to get a win.I think that we can only get better from here with an extra week together and no idiotic mid-week test to make the job harder...stoked!! Genia MOM no doubt

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Barnes shut a few people up tonight. I thought he played really well.

He kicked really well, and tackled.

I do wonder what will happen when we play a team - even Wales next week- who shut down Genia, and Barnes has to make things happen through other means than his boot.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Geez, I thought we'd go down tonight and it looked that way in the 50-60 minute period but timely (for once!) substitutes made a huge difference.

A number of good performances from the Wobs -- it really does look like we are slowing developing some depth. Along with those that have been noted elsewhere, both centers were excellent with the no not-so-small exception of Horne's butchery. Defense through the middle was outstanding. Good to see Horne hold the line and not focus on the big hits. Won two penalties by my count.McCabe was strong and has really developed this year. Great line for his try. TPN was huge and Two Dads had his best game of the year by a very long way.

C'arn the Wobs!

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ok win, still a shit load of work to do. A lot sound like Greg Martin here. Beat the AB's In Hongkong" bring on the world cup". What a Cockhead

Funny what happens when deans uses the bench, we win. Lucky we weren't behind because that would not have happened.

I will wait untill we beat the AB's strongest team and the bok's,that's the real test.
And BILL is back in Aus

Cooper, Genia combo with Barnes outside to tonight, i would have love to seen that.

Diggers handle was nothing out of the ordinary, but it was noticed more as he got a lot of high ball tonight.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I thought the Wallabies would bounce back but some plesant surprises in there. Well done Barnes. He played very well indeed. I had doubts over the strength of the Simmo and Sharpe combo but they went well as a unit. Congratulations to Cooper Vuna on a fair debut. He looked a very proud man. The Bench all added value as well.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Better team won. Wales forwards totally disjointed for first 45 minutes. Great game. Can't wait till the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.