• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies vs Wales - Suncorp Stadium June 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
We are really missing that big blockbusting 13 to run off our inside backs in the mould of Herbet or Morty. With everyone fit and firing we could have a backline similar to this.

9.Genia
10.Cooper
11.Ioane
12.JOC (James O'Connor)
13.??
14.Mitchell
15.Beale

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or Horne could slot in there when need be but they are not really the ticket. Maybe Tomane could be converted. Deans tried to convert Ioane but that seems to have been shelved.
Who will be our next world class 13?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Hasn't McKenzie played Fainga'a at 13 a fair bit too?

Yes lately, Ewen has been playing Ant at 13. But last year and even 2010 even, he played a lot of 12 until Taps came into the fray (I think after Harris's injury in 2011??) then they alternated a lot until settling down into the 12/13 Taps/Ant combo. From memory anyway! ;)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
9.Genia
10.Cooper
11.Ioane
12.JOC (James O'Connor)
13.??
14.Mitchell
15.Beale

Injuries aside, I would have Taps at 12 and JOC (James O'Connor) on the bench every time. He's great utility cover (10/11/12/14/15) and very dangerous being fresh late in the game. This clearly demonstrates Reds bias and also my dislike for JOC (James O'Connor)'s percieved Gits like attitude but I digress.... ;)

Edit: My comments do nothing to address the lack of hard running 13 but. McCabe?

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Yes lately, Ewen has been playing Ant at 13. But last year and even 2010 even, he played a lot of 12 until Taps came into the fray (I think after Harris's injury in 2011??) then they alternated a lot until settling down into the 12/13 Taps/Ant combo. From memory anyway! ;)

Ant played mostly 13 last year and he settled nicely into the role.

M

Moono75

....pride in the Gold jersey.....that'll get us home tonight. Go the Wallabies!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Scanned the posting on this page. Am pleased to see that angst is not a monopoly of the Welsh!
Been too preoccupied to join in the banter since Wednesday's debacle. In order current concerns are:

1) What the hell have ticketeck done with my tickets for the Sydney test?
2) Where the hell is my grand slam dvd I ordered from WRU?
2) Has anyone noticed that Captain Sam and sam the eagle are never seen in the same place at the same time?
3) Will Stan Laurel step up as head coach?
4) Will the bois perform to the level they are capable of
5) Did Hawkesbury beat St George this afternoon?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
We are really missing that big blockbusting 13 to run off our inside backs in the mould of Herbet or Morty. With everyone fit and firing we could have a backline similar to this.

9.Genia
10.Cooper
11.Ioane
12.JOC (James O'Connor)
13.??
14.Mitchell
15.Beale

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or Horne could slot in there when need be but they are not really the ticket. Maybe Tomane could be converted. Deans tried to convert Ioane but that seems to have been shelved.
Who will be our next world class 13?

Wanna borrow one of our blockbusters?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Maybe Sautia in a few years time, much as I shrink from that term?

I like the look of Sautia, but looking at him last night he is smaller than I thought. He is more likely to be a Fruen style 13 than a Mortlock style 13. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Can't take much more nervous wait and for once you seem as worried that you might lose as we are thinking that this is our best chance of winning. Strange days

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Haven't slept for hrs, dogs had his walk, gonna do breakfast in a min and settle down to watch the the men in black take on those little men in green. have a good day boys

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Gotta find somewhere to watch the game where they can stand my shouting. Hey Dai, d'yew see wales U20 beat the AB U20s?

Status
Not open for further replies.