• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies vs Wales - Suncorp Stadium June 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Saw the Welsh team getting on their team bus this 'arve. Was sitting right there eating sushi as they all got on. Going on what I saw - they are going to smash us tomorrow night. They're ultra fit, focussed, massive and just had that look of hunger in their eyes. None of them had $^#&ing headphones on either...

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
and just had that look of hunger in their eyes.

They weren't keen on sushi?

The welsh will be really pumped for this one I reckon. I've never felt so uncertain about the wallabies as I have recently... Just so, terribly one dimensional.

Anyhow, hers hoping the Australians get up for the win.

D

Dr Chym Richells

G'day Mates (and further stereotypical ramblings about barbies and shrimps :D), your just looking forward to the half back battle as that is the only area of the game where the wobblies have a definitive edge :p.

Looking forward mostly to the battle of the loosies, I think that the welsh back row have a balance that reminds me of Back, Hill & Dayglo and the only way they will achieve the heights of those English greats is by winning the battles against premier operators like Pocock, Higgingbottom and Palu.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Why is Barnes 5th choice? Coioper has played S15 rugby, got through a game and a half, so if he was higher up the ladder than Barnes he would of been picked. I still can't believe Cooper wasn't played against Scotland to give him game time, unless Deans doesn't rate him.

I think on form the pecking order is probably Cooper, Beale, Lilo then Barnes. Cooper isn't in the squad because he's not yet fully recovered, not because he's rated lower than Barnes. That's silly.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
JOC (James O'Connor) is probably on a level with Barnes as well.

My big concern for this test is the bench.

There is no recognised second rower and there is no back 3 player.
It is going to be tough going against the big Welsh pack.

I can only think that Deans aims to run them ragged from side to side, particularly in the last 20-30 minutes.
That's a plan........is it not?

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)

I can only think that Deans aims to run them ragged from side to side, particularly in the last 20-30 minutes.
That's a plan....is it not?
Nah this welsh team is one of the fittest there's been Mun, the last twenty is when they start playing:D

Scotty

David Codey (61)

Not with the backline he picked.

Assuming our forwards are up to the task (and I have doubts over work rate balance here) then I think we are going to rely on genia having a cracker, Barnes playing a good field position game and McCabe getting over the ad line regularly. I can't see the other backs getting much opportunity.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Well lads off out now for a couple of Beers, home, bed, up for the game, probably an unhealthy breakfast before the game, then happiness or sadness, may the best team win,

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Cheers mate, you must be new to reading my post.. Proof reading is not my thing as most would no (is that the right no/know) fuck im confused ;)

I gotta say, Rugbyskier's reply brought tears from laughter to my eyes. I actually read it as fart' rather than 'flare'.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I missed the bit where we're still argueing about selections. Basically it works liek this: Robbie selects the best (i.e., his favourite) players and then tries to find places for them on the field. It explains almost every bizarre selection decision in this game and others (excpt maybe swicthing props o_O).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hopefully McCabe won't require further shoulder surgery after having to make Horne and Vuna's tackles as well... ;)

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Why is Barnes 5th choice? Coioper has played S15 rugby, got through a game and a half, so if he was higher up the ladder than Barnes he would of been picked. I still can't believe Cooper wasn't played against Scotland to give him game time, unless Deans doesn't rate him.
I wondered if he was still injured, if you are cleared by your S15 team, then why not by the Wallaby Dr?
Is something being kept quiet? Surely you are either fit or you are not

Scotty

David Codey (61)
In fact a 12 fa'ainga 13 McCabe centre combo looks a lot better at the moment. Fa'ainga can do the crash ball while McCabe can take more outside lines and use his rediscovered distribution skills to set up the outside backs.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
definately not the plan, you cant physically go side to side and at the same time play what is in front of you

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
In fact a 12 fa'ainga 13 McCabe centre combo looks a lot better at the moment. Fa'ainga can do the crash ball while McCabe can take more outside lines and use his rediscovered distribution skills to set up the outside backs.

Eventually I'd love to see a Tapuai/McCabe centre combo, or even a Lilo/McCabe centre combo........

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeah I don't get why Ant has been turned into a 13 when he is really a 12, and same with McCabe, but that is the way of master Deans.

Looking forward to this game. First time in a while where I'm actually worried about losing to a Northern Hemisphere opponent in Australia, Scotland not withstanding. Haven't felt this way since England were in their prime in 2002 and 2003.

grievous

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Saw the Welsh team getting on their team bus this 'arve. Was sitting right there eating sushi as they all got on. Going on what I saw - they are going to smash us tomorrow night. They're ultra fit, focussed, massive and just had that look of hunger in their eyes. None of them had $^#&ing headphones on either.
I think supporters seem to see these bad results coming, in fact the journos, everyone seems to .........just not the players and coaches that seem to be in some fantasy world then come out the other side all shocked.
The whole Wallaby brand has really lost much luster in the last 10 years, it hurts we faithful

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah I don't get why Ant has been turned into a 13 when he is really a 12, and same with McCabe, but that is the way of master Deans.

Looking forward to this game. First time in a while where I'm actually worried about losing to a Northern Hemisphere opponent in Australia, Scotland not withstanding. Haven't felt this way since England were in their prime in 2002 and 2003.
Hasn't McKenzie played Fainga'a at 13 a fair bit too?

Status
Not open for further replies.