• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies vs Boks Bloemfontein

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
and despite his age, trying Van would be trying something "new"...

Said it before, but for his stature, Chisholm has so far been a disappointment - if only we could stick MMM's brain in Chiz' body.

Chisolm looked really good early in the S14, he was hitting hard in attack and defense and getting a lot of work done. He fell off towards the end of the season, but who knows if that was because of injury or not. I hope he goes well

T

Tank

I hope he goes well too - with that size he should be able to roll those Saffa c**ts!! Would be great for him and McCalman to team up like a rugby version of the Bash Brothers from the Mighty Ducks... Obscure Disney movie reference there - hopefully someone will know what I mean or I risk going into negative credibility points...

C

chief

I still don't know whether we keep Deans, the Wallabies severely need an attitude change a change which was bought to the Reds last year, however it might just be too late for Link to put in place these things. 30 points to 3 in the 2nd half, is pretty fucking dreadful. Although I'm glad we won, however a lot should be taken from that win.

Also to add, that was one hell of a test match, one which should go down in history.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
WOW HOLY SHIT. WHAT A GAME! Never thought we would get there. Kurtley Beale take a bow. The sonuvabitch gave away about 10points throughout the game but then wins us the game, what a great game.

Best Wallaby victory of the last decade?

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Incredible game. A white knuckle roller coaster ride. With a miracle finish you couldn't have scripted.

I thought it was heading for the greatest choke in rugby history. We showed no bottle in the 2nd half, other than Burgess off the bench. We got lucky, it was a miracle escape. But this might just be the win the team needs to build confidence.

M

Moono75

Jesus.....Im stoked that we got there in the end....but how the f##k do you let the Boks back in after that kind of lead. The Wallabies have a real problem with taking the momentum into the second half. I dread the halftime break cause I know the boys won;t come and play the same. I hope this win gets the Wallabies over the psychological hurdle they obviously have.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
robbie learnt his lession and used the subs... worked. that try was burgo and barnes :)

I hope they throw the book at S.Finger... that was really, really stupid.

Reactions: Ham

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I thought the Beale falcon was one of the strangest things I have ever seen, I couldn't believe what happened! Just stupid!

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
Yeah Aussie Robbie has been very nervous about using that bench but Burgo, Barnes and A.Fanga all stood up to contribute to this.
Our 2nd half capitulations have all been about lack of belief and now the boys will have some.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Jesus.....Im stoked that we got there in the end....but how the f##k do you let the Boks back in after that kind of lead. The Wallabies have a real problem with taking the momentum into the second half. I dread the halftime break cause I know the boys won;t come and play the same. I hope this win gets the Wallabies over the psychological hurdle they obviously have.

Yeah, its a serious worry.

Inexperience. Poor defence. General lack of composure under pressure. Poor conditioning ?

But the tide may have just turned. Let's just enjoy that win for now and appreciate a cracking match, it had everything.

lonhro10

Frank Nicholson (4)
After last week I thought it was the coaching & lack of adjustment on the run..but you can just see their experience is the issue and I don't think any coach could help that at the moment until they get themselves out of the tight situation by their own doing.

That first half was awesome, not just attack and defense but the composure and smart kicking and good decisions they showed..it was as complete an effort as I've seen from the wallabies this decade.

That second half almost killed me..that look of fear on their eyes as they watched it slip away I can only hope they learn from.

Have to say not sure what that penalty was, for mitchels try and the final one for that matter.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm not sure about the lineout either but the last penalty was for the SA support player going immediately to ground without contacting a defender or sealing off

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Pocock - his turn over 1metre out from our try line in the 1st half was pretty special. What a special player, and his one handed pilfer wasn't too shabby either.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
I thought the Beale falcon was one of the strangest things I have ever seen, I couldn't believe what happened! Just stupid!

he tripped.... it was weird because you could see cooper looking right at him before he passed... very benny hill.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Have to say not sure what that penalty was, for mitchels try and the final one for that matter.

The final one was for sealing the ball off. The Boks were deliberately preventing a contest at the ruck. I got excited as soon as I saw what they were doing and had a feeling it was going to backfire on them. Excellent refereeing - what the Boks were doing is not in the spirit of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.