• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies vs Boks Bloemfontein

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Simmons hasn't shown much more than Chisholm at the Test level. Fair call to drop/rest Mumm, has he played every Test this year so far?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Simmons hasn't shown much more than Chisholm at the Test level. Fair call to drop/rest Mumm, has he played every Test this year so far?

Simmons has had how many tests? How much of that time off the bench?

Chisholm has had over 50 tests and the fact that his worth at that level can seriously be debated really means he is questionable. Why not therefore try something new?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Couldn't be bothered to look it up, just took a guess with the number of years he has been around and the number of tests played each year. My lack of research on the that point doesn't negate the thrust of what I stated.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
If people can say that Van Humphries should still be in consideration because age is no object, then Chisholm should be in consideration for some 5 more years.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Thanks RR. Even though I couldn't be bothered looking it up I was surprised when DPK quoted 26 given how long he has been around, but I was still too lazy to look it up and just accepted DPK's figure, lesson learnt.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
"JOC (James O'Connor) is the quickest in the squad over 10 metres, and not in a straight line."

True lindommer and although JOC (James O'Connor) is very quick Lachie Turner is faster than him

Brumbies guy i think you need to watch this, 1:05: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG6_Xak6r1I

also i think it is stupid to have two players on the bench whose primary positions are the same, bearnes can play 12,10 ant finger can play 12,13

I think it would be wiser to have burgess 9, barnes 12,10 and turner 14,11,15 and at a shove 13. Oh look it covers every backline postion.

No offence to either of those guys but neither are impact, super sub type players, lachie turner is because he scores tries and hes rapid

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
"JOC (James O'Connor) is the quickest in the squad over 10 metres, and not in a straight line."

True lindommer and although JOC (James O'Connor) is very quick Lachie Turner is faster than him

Brumbies guy i think you need to watch this, 1:05: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG6_Xak6r1I

also i think it is stupid to have two players on the bench whose primary positions are the same, bearnes can play 12,10 ant finger can play 12,13

I think it would be wiser to have burgess 9, barnes 12,10 and turner 14,11,15 and at a shove 13. Oh look it covers every backline postion.

No offence to either of those guys but neither are impact, super sub type players, lachie turner is because he scores tries and hes rapid

Seen it, like many I was a fan of Turner when this video was made 3 years ago, and he is a more rounded player now. But I still maintain O'Connor is the faster player over 40metres

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Well ive tweeted Quade to see if he knows, will await the results be interesting to see who he thinks would come out on top

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
If people can say that Van Humphries should still be in consideration because age is no object, then Chisholm should be in consideration for some 5 more years.
but can chisholm give a motivational speach like Van?

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
BrumbiesGuy Quade tweeted back:

@QuadeCooper who is the fastest player over forty metres in the wallaby squad? Its to settle a debate on Green and Gold, gd luck on saturday

From quade: well I'm not to sure to tell the truth?? Kurtly nick Cummings or rabbs

I would still put lachie in the top 5 along with drew

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Actually forgot about him, Cummins. He can hit the grease, and he probably is faster than Kurtley Beale.

T

Tank

and despite his age, trying Van would be trying something "new"...

Said it before, but for his stature, Chisholm has so far been a disappointment - if only we could stick MMM's brain in Chiz' body.

Status
Not open for further replies.