• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies versus Wales- SFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can't agree Cyclo. Leave Two-Dads at 15 and put Harris on the wing. Even Mrs Doug agrees with me, she just said: "Beale, no, no, no, no," (and her agreeing with me doesn't happen very often, believe me)!! She does, however, regularly say: "no, no, no"!!

Mr and Mrs Doug are both mad.......

Seriously though, Harris was only in the squad because after Barnes there was no one left standing to play flyhalf.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Mr and Mrs Doug are both mad...

Seriously though, Harris was only in the squad because after Barnes there was no one left standing to play flyhalf.

You believe what you want to believe Slim 293. IMO, statistically, (and perhaps historically), MH will win you more games than KB (Kurtley Beale)!

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Mr and Mrs Doug are both mad...

Ben Lucas. He is the reds fly half, not Mike Harris. Mike was solid at the start of the season, but things got moving once he was switched to inside centre and Ben started at fly half.

Timani. Sheesh! Just don't see it. :S.

Edit: Oh and KB (Kurtley Beale) is waaaay above them both as a 5/8. But it is not his inclusion in the team that has put Mike Harris off the bench. I feel pretty bad for Mike really, he hasn't really been given much of an opportunity given what he just did for us.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Ben Lucas. He is the reds fly half, not Mike Harris. Mike was solid at the start of the season, but things got moving once he was switched to inside centre and Ben started at fly half.

Timani. Sheesh! Just don't see it. :S.

Edit: Oh and KB (Kurtley Beale) is waaaay above them both as a 5/8. But it is not his inclusion in the team that has put Mike Harris off the bench. I feel pretty bad for Mike really, he hasn't really been given much of an opportunity given what he just did for us.

"I rest my case, your honour"!

A

AlexH

If you listened to the ABC feed of Brumbies v Wales match, Owen Finegan said at the end "Fardy and Carter appear to be carrying 'niggling' injuries"!!
Enough said.

Then I guess that just leaves just about every other lock in the country...

J

Jiggles

But seriously, were we not injury ravaged, do you think Harris would be anywhere near the Test squad? With Beale coming back, he is the obvious choice to be rested.

I think its more that Harris has been dropped from the bench to accommodate Timani's lack of ability with a 5 - 2 split. I agree that he wouldn't and shouldn't be anywhere near the test team in normal circumstances.

J

Jiggles

Big risk thinking Beale, coming back from shoulder surgery with no rugby under his belt is match fit. But Robbie Deans has had amazing success with bench selections and tactics, so I trust him...

Scotty

David Codey (61)
... or with Beale's added versatility we only need to carry two backs on the bench.

You could argue that if he was desperate for a 5/2 he would have picked Lucas on the bench.

In saying that I agree with the selection of another forward and picked straight after the game that Harris would be dropped.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I think its more that Harris has been dropped from the bench to accommodate Timani's lack of ability with a 5 - 2 split. I agree that he wouldn't and shouldn't be anywhere near the test team in normal circumstances.
Even if Simmons started, we ought to have proper lock cover on the bench (Timani or someone), rather than another back, or indeed Hooper, one could argue. Nothing against Hooper, but he won't get a huge amount of game time, I reckon.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Was he supposed to be a pylon?
He help design it.
Found an old article on it. Bit of a shame but I'll doubt they'll upgrade it due to the cost involved.

The Storm plays its first game at AAMI Park on May 9 against the Brisbane Broncos. Former acting chief executive officer Matt Hanson, speaking before he stood down following last week’s revelations about the Storm’s salary cap breaches, said Storm fans were in for a treat.

“The furthest seat in the house is 32m from the ground, which is amazing,” he said. “If you’re in the front row you’ll be that close to the sideline.”

Victory will still play its bigger matches - such as finals, games against Sydney FC and derby matches against the Heart - at its home of the past four seasons, Etihad Stadium. Victory fans got a taste of a close-seated arena when the lower level of seating at Etihad was slid out on a handful of occasions last season.

Chief executive Geoff Miles believes the atmosphere will be even more electric at AAMI Park. “Stadiums that are purpose-built for our game just deliver an enhanced experience. AAMI Park will be no different,” Mr Miles said. “It’s going to deliver on match night an unrivalled experience for fans and players.”

“The capacity of 30,000 gives us a great opportunity, and we think that it’s going to cater really well for our games. It’s probably ended up a good fit.”

http://melbourne-leader.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/size-right-fit-for-spectators/
Foundations support 50,000. However due to the roof's complex bubble design, it's not as easy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne_Rectangular_Stadium#Capacity

J

Jiggles

Yeah I agree you need a lock on the bench, that's been a bit bizarre from the get go. It would've made sense to drop Hooper, even though he is has been playing well it makes more sense to have more back-line cover for Beale. Dennis who has been playing well also is better cover for Palu/Higgers. I'm not a Harris fan at all, and I don't think he would make a full strength Reds 22, but the selections from Deans in this case just don't make sense, which ever way you look at it.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
How about instead of taking the gamble and seeing if Timani turns into something, using the oppourtunity while we still have Sharpe to develop Pyle at international level. I see Pyle as a more dependable option who should be developed before one of Robbies pet projects.

Don't get me wrong, Timani should be developed, but only once we have 2 international standard locks ready to roll. Once Sharpe is gone, barring injury the only first picked lock left will be Horwill. Simmons isn't proven yet despite having the best oppourtunities recently of the fringe locks.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm not a big fan of Simo but I think he is a decent test lock. he's not setting the world on fire but he has a good work rate and his work in the line out is solid. He'll serve us well over the next 12 months and hopefully in that time he either takes his game to the next level or we find someone better

Status
Not open for further replies.