• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Wales Game 2 Sat 13 July Melbourne

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
stupid-idiot.gif
Rugby Sevens is the platform where young players get exposure in order to get their first Super Rugby contract.

I can't believe I have to explain this in a diehard rugby forum. Ardie Savea is the perfect example:

2012 - NZ Sevens
2013 - Baby Blacks
2013 - Hurricanes
2016 - All Blacks

If you aren't good enough to play at Super Rugby level or test level you stay loyal to Sevens program like Maurice Longbottom (OZ), DJ Forbes (NZ) or Gaston Revol (ARG)

Tomthumb

Desmond Connor (43)
I'm not sure you've heard, but Sevens is now apart of this little get together known as the Olympics, which success at directly leads to future funding for the sport

But sure, tell us more about 2012 Ardie Savea

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As mentioned above, there's kind of a big event this year called the Olympics...

Potential medals on offer... players outside the usual squad seeking involvement... team success leading to more government funding...

I can't believe I have to explain this in a diehard rugby forum.

Rugby Head

Billy Sheehan (19)
My team:

1. Hodgman
2. Faessler
3. Tupou
4. Salakai-Loto
5. Frost
6. Wright
7. McReight
8. Valetini
9. Gordon
10. Lolesio
11. Daugunu
12. Paisami
13. Flook (Ikitau if available)
14. Kellaway
15. Wright

16. Pollard
17. Kailea
18. Ala'alatoa
19. Smith
20. Cale
21. McDermott
22. Lynagh
23. Pietsch

Give Slipper a rest, Hodgman to debut and keep the hitman Kailea on the bench to bring some spark.
Frost in for Williams, I thought Williams was a passenger on the field and really didn't offer much.
Keep Lolesio at 10 for another week, although he wasn't great, think we should give him a chance before ruining his confidence.
Smith for Blyth, want to see what Smith can do.

Don't want there to be too many changes, think it's important to build some cohesion and get some wins on the board.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Slippers knee looked pretty gnarly, I would be starting Hodgman and letting Slipper have the weekend off. Absolute no need of bust James before the quad nations.

whitefalcon

Alex Ross (28)
I like this team.

If L. Wright is injured I'd consider Hooper to 6 but keep the rest.

Hopefully Ikitau is fit, though I thought I read he had left camp.

I'd like to see Pietsch and Cale get some proper minutes this week, hopefully we can sub Daugunu at 50ish for Pietsch

Homer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Williams to 6 for me. Faster than Wright and good in the lineout. Made 13 tackles on the weekend as well, team leading.
Start Pietsch, Smith and Hodgman with Frost and his speed on the bench.
Kailea on the bench for 2nd test and Georgia to gain experience.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If we are going to drop a lock it should be LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto). Thought he was very untidy.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
If we are going to drop a lock it should be LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto). Thought he was very untidy.
I agree, somewhat. I thought he was a bit disappointing without being awful. That pass he wasn't expecting when facing the wrong way but somehow managed to salvage it into a backline play kinda summed up his night.

Homer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
His combination with Tupou in the scrum was immense, it wasnt just the front row doing all the work. He also had about 6 hit ups in the first 15 minutes, all with good post contact meters. Since he had missed a chunk of footy lately and was ill earlier in the week i thought he was good.