• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Wales Game 2 Sat 13 July Melbourne

Joe Blow

John Hipwell (52)
We did not win comfortably enough to make wholesale changes. Back row looks right. Front row is close. We could look at maybe another winger, 5/8 and lock, most likely off the bench. Otherwise we need to build as Wales surely will having had a look at us.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I think the main reason people are proposing some changes is because that’s what Schmidt said before the game I.e. something like everyone in the squad would get an opportunity these 3 games.

Anyways Joe will select who he is going to select so I’m going to give up trying to forecast changes, outside obvious things like Slippers body needs a rest.

In Joe I trust.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
He's also got the third Welsh game next weekend to play with.

I reckon we will see a Queensland heavy team this week for the test, and then many of them will be back at Reds training next week for the Welsh tour game

More change than a lot here will be comfortable with

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Is Corey Toole available for this game? I'm not sure if he's going to Paris with Marky

Daugunu proved that he isn't the ideal backup for Koroibete and Corey deserves an opportunity

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
That shows how poor is the level of Aussie Sevens. Any Super Rugby winger can get a spot in 2 weeks. RA should negociate a deal with the NRL for Olympic purposes throught Australian Olympic Committee. Plenty of speedters in the XIII game who could make the switch instanly

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Shows your level of ignorance. 1, Toole played with the majority of these players when he was playing 7s. He knows how they play, they Know-how he plays. 2, He didn’t need to audition for them. He just needed to say yes

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Marky too. Despite that, the level of Aussie 7s is so low. Any rugby player can make the team. The current players aren't special. For that reason they couldn't get a Super Rugby contract and have to stay in Sevens

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
I watched plenty of Rugby Sevens, mate. And obviously I knew that he played Sevens, I watched him over there.

I still think the same about the Sevens players, especially in OZ and NZ. It's a platform for young players or players who aren't good enough to get a Super Rugby contract. The best example is DJ Forbes, he wanted to play Super Rugby and international rugby. He couldn't get a Super Rugby contract and have to stay in rugby Sevens. He played like 100 games over there and was the NZ Sevens captain.

Another example is Santiago Gomez Cora in Argentina. He couldn't make Los Pumas squad, straight to the Sevens squad. Sevens is a lower level in most of the traditional rugby countries

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Hooper is too old to play Sevens and after 10+ years of international rugby, his body is too damaged. He has to face light players and so youngs. The 2014 Hooper would have destroyed tha average Sevens forward

Most of the Sevens players never achieve their dream of play international rugby

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
That's prove how low is the bar in Sevens. He was the best Sevens player in 2022 and couldn't make the Wallabies 23 yet

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Daugunu proved that he isn't the ideal backup for Koroibete and Corey deserves an opportunity
How did he prove that? He had a couple of poor kicks but was otherwise good and finished a fairly difficult opportunity.
That shows how poor is the level of Aussie Sevens. Any Super Rugby winger can get a spot in 2 weeks. RA should negociate a deal with the NRL for Olympic purposes throught Australian Olympic Committee. Plenty of speedters in the XIII game who could make the switch instanly
Can you fuck off with the constant referencing of NRL? We get it. Honestly. We are here to discuss the next Wallabies v Wales test and you try to derail every thread you enter.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
How did he prove that? He had a couple of poor kicks but was otherwise good and finished a fairly difficult opportunity.
It's not his first test. I'd pick Toole, he isn't available. Then I'd call Lancaster, it's time to test the new toys on the wing

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's prove how low is the bar in Sevens. He was the best Sevens player in 2022 and couldn't make the Wallabies 23 yet

stupid-idiot.gif

eastman

John Solomon (38)
Back 3 played well (although Daagunu will need to work on his kicking).

The only issue is that apart from Wright there’s a real lack of speed there- I was astounded at how slow Filipino’s top gear was.