• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Wales Game 2 Sat 13 July Melbourne

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He was initially. There's a later section specifically about Gleeson and the backrow changes and he calls him Billy several times.

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
On the decisions
Thanks Fattie. This is the best rugby discussion on the Wallabies I have ever heard. It is to the point, did not mix his messages and explained all his decisions with insight and clarity.
Any idiot here who thinks we need an Ozzie coach needs their head read, he is the ideal person to lead us out of the mess we have put ourselves in over the last 20 years. I hope when he hands over to an Australian coach that they don't take us back down the rabbit hole of competing in this but not in that.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
He did say in the press conference that Gleeson had been training well and that he could slot straight into 6, 7 or 8 need be without anyone else changing position. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him come on in place of Valetini, depending on injury and the state of the game mid second half.
Langi G. gives him more options and it sounds as though he is knocking on the door. Hooper has been playing lock most of the year and Wilson only 8.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I agree with all that. From listening to Schmidt I just think the most likely substitution if it is able to be tactical is Cale leaving the field and that is the driver behind Gleeson getting the nod over Hooper.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
If Cale is replaced who is the third lineout option. Does Gleeson jump? I don’t recall him being used by the Tahs. Valetini jumps infrequently for the Brumbies but would he be considered for the job in a test match?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
McReight potentially? I think Gleeson is adequate in the lineout but was basically never used there this season as the Tahs ran a short lineout almost all year so they weren't relying heavily on props who had never met the team before to lift.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I am guessing Valetini would become the jumper at the front, and used sparingly. Whatever the solution is I am sure they have thought of one

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Also, this was just posted on Stan Sport social media. Gleeson ready to go!

1720752822364.png

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
Might be best for someone local to chime in (and Ticketek isn't playing too nicely), but just had a look and still plenty available and doesn't seem like they've opened up most of the Western side or upper tiers - not great.

whitefalcon

Dave Cowper (27)
Last week it looked like they no longer had Valetini 1 out off the lineout for the initial hit up. He appeared to be in the lineout more so I suspect you're right.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
what's the crowd looking like, any indication on ticket sales?
i suspect the crowd will be pretty poor perhaps 15K ? or less. the weather is poor, the melbourne rugby crowd is pissed at RA, there has been little or no advertising, mates who would normally go to watch test rugby didnt know or didnt care, big game at MCG (large clubs), ticket prices are (IMO) way over the odds and its Wales- not the ABs !
edit, plenty of seats still avaialable.