• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Wales Game 2 Sat 13 July Melbourne

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
1720665499171.png

The players all think it's hilarious

stillmissit

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yep, like the consistency and an opportunity to see if the group can grow from last week's performance.
It shows an ability to deal with what we have and not what we don't have. Now all we have to hope, assuming the consistency continues, is that the guys grow and become a useful unit. Winning more than they lose is a bit of a dream at this time but we can all dream..

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Will be the 8th different captain in 12 tests apparently.

Well firstly, Liam Wright is injured so he can't captain this week.

Secondly, Schmidt has been quite clear in his communication on this. He is still learning about the players and so has made it clear that the captain for test 1 wouldn't necessarily be the captain for test 2 etc.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
maybe but the media reported earlier in the week that he had recovered

I'm not sure if it was confirmed that he was 100%, but it might also be a case of not bringing him back too quickly...

Give Flook another start, ease Ikitau back through some game time against Georgia and have him at full fitness to start in the RC.

Edit: confirmed... Ikitau still not 100%

Last edited:

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
If he gets any chance I wouldn’t even be surprised if he pulls rank and suggests to a Charlie he packs on the side for any 5 metre attacking scrums :)

Tomthumb

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Well firstly, Liam Wright is injured so he can't captain this week. Secondly, Schmidt...is still learning about the players and so has made it clear that the captain for test 1 wouldn't necessarily be the captain for test 2 etc.
Which is fine, I just hope by the Rugby Championship he names a full time captain

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I reckon Valetini's game will look almost identical to last week. I seriously don't understand people getting so wound up about what number he's wearing, either way he's going to be doing the bulk of our midfield and tight carrying.
That's probably true G but there will be a difference, I think, in the way Cale plays to the way Liam Wright plays. I hope we get to see a bit more attack out wide with Charlie in the side.

Sword of Justice

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Captains being appointed full time is a relatively recent thing and if there’s adequate leadership around the team then I have no issue changing it up.

It was one of Eddie’s annoying things that he never actually explained (probably because he couldn’t explain it to himself) but I don’t think the chopping was why last year was a clusterfuck. The selections themselves were a much bigger problem.