• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Wales, 6 July

Linerunner2023

Alfred Walker (16)
It’s more there is nothing great in Aus to not worry about Kerevi. As it has been mentioned Kerevi half fit offers more then Paisami and any other 12
noticed this after 2019 when Kerevi left and Paisami got a crack v France and then again when Kerevi played in 2021 and dominated the Boks before his acl in 2022. Jones stuffed the whole side last year and had Kerevi kicking compared to Rennie's gameplan around Kerevi. Paisami isn’t big enough to play the big crash ball gain line 12. And doesn’t have the skillset to play the 2nd 5 role.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
So no, haven‘t seen Kerevi play this season or since the RWC?

I agree his 2021 form was extremely good, but he didn’t really bring that in the England series in 2022 nor in the 2023 RWC.. so that’s why I’m asking about his form in club this season

Last edited:

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Anywhere to get the player stats from that game, rugby.com.au doesn’t seem to list it and union live app doesn’t seem to cover this match

Wallabies

Chris McKivat (8)
93% win percentage for lineouts. That’s why I believe Liam Wright was picked. It’s important for understand just picking the best players in each spot isn’t the best strategy. Liam Wright's selection was for lineouts something crucial for winning games. And thus why the next reasonable step was captaincy considering if he’s gonna start, he’ll be best leader on pitch.

Marce

Peter Sullivan (51)
Nah I’d say this is a simplistic take on the issue, it’s rare for test teams to play dedicated crash ball players anymore. Those are a bygone era and in the Tier 1 teams is rare to play a big bodied player who doesn’t also contribute in playmaking or kicking.
Cause those big bodies nowadays are more complete. Like Nonu who started his test career at the wing and ended being a centre who could kick. First you need at least that big body like Kerevi who could develop other skills in years. Paisami isn't the answer

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
lol, Kerevi never developed the skillsets Nonu had.. you’ve referenced a once in a generation player….

Yes i agree Nonu would be better in the Wallabies then Paisami…. But guess what, there is no Nonu playing rugby in Australia.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
What did you guys think of flook by the way?
Serviceable in defence, didn’t have many opportunities in attack.

I dont think the attacking formation of Lolesio-Wright really suits the style of Flook, he excels at support play when he was getting fed by guys like Grealy and Campbell, that didnt happy tonight.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I thought Noah was pretty decent...
His ball to Dungunu was great albeit a little low and the first half beating the man and off to Kellaway was great.

I thought everyone was decent, with some a little better some not quite there yet.

Next week will hopefully see Lenny back (flook did the job if not) Maybe some rotation in locks. Maybe Lancaster or Peitch for Dangunu but wouldn't hurt to keep him. Think Koro or Toole comes in at some point.

Surprisingly, no one really shat the bed, so everyone comes again next week.. I guess last year's first game was SA in Joberg. Wales in Sydney ain't the same

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
93% win percentage for lineouts. That’s why I believe Liam Wright was picked.
Think it's twofold, He was starting and so was Tupou, which meant 7As (Allan Ala'alatoa) was in the reserves. Be interesting to see if they swap that next week. I think they liked Allan's experience with the young guys at the end.

Gives you the option of subbing Wright like they did tonight

Cale was alright when he got on, first lineout wasn't awesome but Welsh knocked it on, but also got a steal.