• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v USA Eagles, 5th September, Soldier Field, Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
It's a worry that the wobs can't really build through some phases an get on the front foot with the pigs before using the backs. It might be old school but it fucking works. Muscle up, isolate a defender, clean out and play some quick footy. Then the tries will come. Handling has been shit. Wingers timing has been shit when it has come to the edge. Defence has been a bit disorganised. Overall poor quality game of footy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I fear we're going into the RWC with two out of form halfbacks....
I have always been very sceptical about the value laced on combinations and always thought skilled professionals should be able to lot into a team.

I am now quite scared coming into the world cup, we have seldom had similar teams picked this season and now we look terribly confused against a team we should dominate.

Can a combination be built in practice prior to the world cup or have we left if too late?

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
This reminds me of the Samoa game in sydney. Poor structure from Australia who aren't taking it seriously enough. I expect the Wallabies to destroy the USA in the second, but they need to change their attitude and perhaps even play a little more cynically.

Scottyphd

Frank Row (1)
HAHA STUPID AUSTRALIANS WE JUST SCORED A GOAL ON YOU GAY KANGAROOS GET REKT WERE COMING BACK AND WERE GONNA WIN THE RUGBY WORLD CUP JUST LIKE WE BEAT YOU GUYS IN WW2
7J1vmkT.jpg

8KVjAmx.jpg

CjWKqZh.jpg

gold heart

Ted Fahey (11)
Yeah its like we are playing down to the level of the opposition - kudos to the USA they are playing smart fast rugby especially in defence. For the Wallabies reminds me of the way we used to play against Argentina a few years ago - especially in Perth and the Gold Coast - play our own kind of rugby boys!!!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Would like a bit less headless chook, use the forwards a bit then try to get the ball more cleanly through our midfield. Show some respect instead of just trying to run through the US at every opportunity.

Half time changes will be interesting.

Foley still on, Phipps too it appears.

B

Bazarov

This reminds me of the Samoa game in sydney. Poor structure from Australia who aren't taking it seriously enough. I expect the Wallabies to destroy the USA in the second, but they need to change their attitude and perhaps even play a little more cynically.

maybe even a penalty shot at goal, or two.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Palu drops an easy ball after some decent leadup phase play. Basic stuff. Then compounded with a penalty.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Palu backs up with a missed tackle, and he wasn't the only one.

Foley is found with a high kick on the wing, but he takes the mark.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Another penalty against the Wallabies, Phipps offside from the lineout - crossed the 15m line. Technical stuff.

HUGE kick from the Eagles - ball goes out 7m out.

Status
Not open for further replies.