• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v USA Eagles, 5th September, Soldier Field, Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
McMahon, TPN, rest of the front been our best I think. Not much to speak of from some of the rest.

Palu would have gotten the first try if he could control the ball from a scrum moving quickly forward.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Shocking kick from Petrie, I think it actually went backwards.

Beale ends up with the ball but his chopped hard low again.

Then Giteau.

Fantastic tackling from the USA.

Wallabies kick out on the full, woeful kick. Missed who it was.

This game isn't bad, it looked like the Wallabies would walk over them early but the USA defence has turned up to play.

Pretty sure it was Foley, for his second out on the full.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
McMahon, TPN, rest of the front been our best I think. Not much to speak of from some of the rest.

Palu would have gotten the first try if he could control the ball from a scrum moving quickly forward.

McMahon has been okay - I wouldn't say good.

Palu just looks old.

This backrow has struggled. Good thing it's not 1st string.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Many of us came to GAGR to discuss rugby with like minded tragics and engage in genuine debate.

I'm perfectly willing to engage in debate - that's why you see me make cogent points at various times.

But if someone is going to carry on like a petulant child, I'll treat them as such. Except I get to swear at them because they're adults and put themselves on the internet for ridicule when they say something stupid.

People taking the high road and talking down to others, without justifying their points, shit me. They get the treatment.

Don't like it? Report it.

Sully has fired a warning shot and I'm cool with that.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Not to mention they have to cover the "waving hands in the air while whinging to the ref" role (halfback specialty).

McMahon the best so far. Slipper, Palu, Phipps, Foley not far behind.

TPN = trying hard but sometimes too hard.
Speight, Tomane = awful.
Simmons, Douglas = lazy.

Our structure is just stupid. I'm all for keeping some powder dry, with the understanding that we don't want to give away all our shit for RWC, but we need some direct runners in close.

No interstate bias coming in at all, but really Phipps and Foley have been the worst on ground, with Giteau not far behind. The three of them have been much too slow in everything they've done. Phipps caught at the back of the ruck or beaten to the ball on a number of occasions, and some of his passing has been as awful as usual. Foley playing too deep again but still being caught by the rush defense. Ditto Giteau and his hands have been below par - lost the ball on at least two, maybe more, occasions. USA rush defense has put pressure on each of Phipps, Foley and Giteau and they haven't been able to handle it so far.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
McMahon has been okay - I wouldn't say good.

Back that up with something resembling a reason.

I've seen him run the ball effectively, attack the breakdown with little help, and make tackles. He's head and shoulders above the rest of them at the moment, in what is admittedly a fairly piss-poor effort.

Palu has been getting over the line and making some hits too.

Overall, considering the Eagles had a few weeks of PNC (Pacific Nations Cup) to get together at game time on the field, and this Wallaby side is a bit of a throw-together.

Giteau has been OK at 12 but he and Foley are a bit similar in terms of general play. Maybe Quade could help change that at 10.

Need some runners in close to get the ball rolling.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Phipps has been let down a bit at the ruck. Getting no protection.

Speight is looking lost at 13.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Douglas has been ok I think but not outstanding. Better than Simmons who has spent more time on the USA side of the ruck than on his own.

Agree - but I don't see either of them doing any donkey work.

The shame about McMahon is he's currently best on ground in a position that's ably filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.