• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024 Perth

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024

• Boks by 70+

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Boks by 50+

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Boks by 30+

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Boks by 200-odd

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • sorry, that was a typo, I meant 20-odd

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Joe Schmidt will know what to do

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I hate rugby now

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Straya to win you f******!

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • did this thread really need a pole?

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • your mum needs a pole you rude ********* ********

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Despite the result im not too down on the team...in the end the boks experience off the bench was the difference, which i expected, but we toiled hard and were in the contest. Its all we can ask given we are a team building from scratch against the best team in the world.

Major positives for me were bell and koribete. Both looked great coming back into test rugby and i thought jorgy was strong on debut.

Running_rugby_1954

Ron Walden (29)
Rugby is starting to look like it’s on a suicide mission, strangling itself with so many rules that teams like South Africa are stretching them to the breaking point, making it near impossible for anyone else to compete. The Wallabies play it by the book, which basically means we get penalized for breathing. Meanwhile, the Boks are out there bending the rules like they're made of rubber.

If rugby wants to keep stumbling down this path, fine. But it might be time to admit that small, speedy players have something to offer too, and maybe make some changes—kind of like how rugby league did, to get a few more bodies in the stands.

I love rugby, but that game I just watched was a hot mess.

whitefalcon

Alex Ross (28)
Despite the result im not too down on the team...in the end the boks experience off the bench was the difference, which i expected, but we toiled hard and were in the contest. Its all we can ask given we are a team building from scratch against the best team in the world.

Major positives for me were bell and koribete. Both looked great coming back into test rugby and i thought jorgy was strong on debut.
I agree

For those saying its the worst performance they've seen from the wallabies they must have forgotten the bin fire that was all of 2023

We've got huge depth problems that are going to take time to fix and probably still have a team with scars of last year.

Honestly, there's a chance we wont win a game this TRC but I'm prepared to give them this year to build.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
How many times did we get the ball past 13? Or even 10! Fuck all. Our forwards hardly made it over the advantage line again. I can't think of subs that will help. The back 3 don't matter as they never see the ball.
White was better than Gordan.
Noah has to go. It's not working. We have tried it enough. Start Lynagh or Donaldson.

We looked uncoached.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
3 rolling maul tries in the second half.

How many of those have we conceded this year?

It's one area of the game that needs urgent attention, or don't even bother running out.

The rest of this evening was just typical Australian rugby players being flummoxed by rain. Even our greatest teams had that issue

Pokinacha

Ron Walden (29)
For those saying its the worst performance they've seen from the wallabies they must have forgotten the bin fire that was all of 2023
It’s been a decade of malaise with islands of ‘ where the fuck has that performance been?!’ When we win random games against the Kiwis or Saffas.

LevitatingSocks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
A lot of the negatives about the game are attributable to talent discrepancy, lack of cohesion, and a new coach.

But going along with my earlier complaint about going off their feet in rucks and the point @Running_rugby_1954 made, if the South Africans are going to stretch the rules then why are we not adapting to the officiating?

If the official is letting the Boks not roll or come in from the side, then our players need to recognize that and take advantage as well.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
So who from Dad's army came up with the game plan of our backs to kick it around in pissing down rain.

For a bloke who's coached in Europe where these conditions are rife, you'd have thought Joe would have had us play 10 man rugby.
I think that is 10 man rugby... right? We are just really really bad at it.

whitefalcon

Alex Ross (28)
What about the Lions tour? Even the British should be thinking if they can move the event
This is what we need to be focused on.

My one criticism of Schmidt so far is that he doesnt seem to want time with the team. Im hoping that the spring tour could help with a solid 5-6 weeks together